Job Title: 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Can work remotely, may require travel to offices in London & Wales
Salary: Circa £45,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Established in 1979 and incorporated in 1985, they're one of the largest independent IT service & support companies in the UK. Their philosophy of 'service beyond the call' delivers a high level of support to all their client's communications and data management requirements.
Working with the Head of Information Systems you will be integral to ensuring that the IT infrastructure is robust and flexible to meet the challenges of the digital transformation project taking place.
As the technical lead for the team you will be capable of supporting and improving the company's infrastructure on the roadway to digital transformation. This will include designing and implementing technical solutions, refreshing and replacing existing infrastructure including the server, storage, network, and the consolidations of systems to simplify and streamline the group's IS infrastructure. This position forms part of the on-call rota and will also be a technical escalation point for the on call duty technician.
- Ensure the availability and performance of the Information Systems architecture to ensure the efficient running of the Group operations, via the provision of infrastructure management and technical support services
- Participate and represent Information Systems as a technical expert in projects as defined to improve the operational performance of the Group
- Work with Group IT to ensure standards of security, maintenance, and business continuity, whilst continuing to review and improve.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date, and where necessary produce it
- Administer and improve backup, business continuity recovery systems and processes.
- Administration and maintenance of the Group infrastructure, including Active Directory, LANWAN, Internet access, firewalls and Exchange 2010+
The Successful Candidate:
- An experienced 3rd line technical expert in the fields of:
- VMWare Esxi environment, IT implementation, expansion and support
- Windows server 2012/2016
- Citrix XenApp delivery and performance tuning
- Multi-site networking
- Proven experience in a similar position
- 5/6 years experience in multi site environment
- MCSE or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
- Experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and VLANs
- Knowledge of PowerShell Scripting
- Excellent knowledge of VMware 6.X in an enterprise environment with Veeam
- Experience in configuring and managing Cisco switches/firewall
- Knowledge of Azure AD preferential
- Experience with Active Directory
- Knowledge Office 0365
- Understand O365 Microsoft licencing options such as E3 vs E5 licences
- Perform Exchange to O365 migrations using tools such as Bit-Titan
- Script and assist with Personal folder ingestion into O365
- Understand how to create O365 mailboxes, teams groups, distribution groups and share point sites
- Administration of SQL Server 2008+
- Administration of the McAfee EPO platform
- Knowledge of Manage Engine products
- Understanding of data management/reporting
- Experience with Meraki switching and Wi-Fi
- Firewall Management experience
- Strong communicator with the ability to update others on progress made and issues faced
- Organised and highly structured with a methodically approach to problem solving, and project management.
- Working with multiple teams and reporting lines across multiple locations.
- Strong time management and planning skills and not only self-motivated, but the ability to encourage and motivate those around you.
- A good listener, able to put aside preconceptions, and embrace new ideas
- Ambitious, focused on development and continuous improvement
- Flexible and willing to travel if necessary
- Up-to-date on current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices
- Deliver goals and objectives independently
- Solid experience in technical troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Undertake Root Cause analysis in problem management for service interruption and recovery
- Must appreciate importance of standards.
- Methodical worker
- Excellent time keeper
- Logical thinker
- Prepared to be hands on
- Willing to learn and adapt
- Self motivated
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Senior Infrastructure Technician, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Senior Cloud Engineer, Network Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer may also be considered for this role.