|Listed on:||25th March|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £35,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Front End Developer
Flexible working to be based in Slough, remote or hybrid
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
This is initially a 2 year fixed-term contract with the possibilities of extension in line with the programme and permanence at the end of the project.
Technology is being used more and more within education and our client is enhancing their e-assessment capability and a fundamental refresh of our technology solutions.
Key areas of your role include:
- Keeping up to date with new features in the field of front-end web development
- Adhering to secure development principles
- Ensuring features are thoroughly tested prior to release
- Maintaining, supporting and updating current and future applications
- Ensuring all system documentation is up to date
- Undertaking other duties commensurate with the role including covering for other team members
Your technical background:
- Experience of commercial software development practices (e.g. using source control and agile development principles)
- Expertise of using web technologies such as jQuery, XML and AJAX
- Experience of using Git for version control
Other titles for this role may include Front End Developer. Developer, Web Developer, Application Developer, or Website Developer.
If you have knowledge of React, Vue and Angular as this will assist you with the system, although full training will be given.
Why join our client?
With a 70-year history, our client is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Their robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. They have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experiences
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days' holiday per year, includes Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The organisation is currently reviewing applications so, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Front End Web Developer, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of our client.