|Listed on:||24th March|
Birmingham, West Midlands (currently Home Based)
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, our client is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. They do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. They work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how they can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
They are now looking for a Data Analyst to join their Data Team in Birmingham and play a vital role in the effective management and insight for their data.
- Salary of c£27,000
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days' holiday
- Option to buy up to five days' extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining the Data team means translating some of the most interesting and exciting policy data into insight that underpins how our client protects consumers and the public. Split into two areas, data management and analytics, the team works with every department across the organisation, using sophisticated analytics tools to produce high quality, trusted data insights and promote better decision making.
You will discover an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that's through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you're passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then our client will help you do that.
As a Data Analyst, you will be tasked with developing sophisticated and innovative data products that deliver value through impactful insight into gambling and its regulation.
Creating business intelligence products, reports and data science tools, you will use Microsoft PowerBI, taking raw data and transforming it into impactful reports.
You will select relevant data, combine it and turn it into actionable insight. This could be achieved through the creation of reports on trends or statistics or automating manual data collection tasks through the design and the application of tools like web crawlers to efficiently gather and process data.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Developing fit-for-purpose data products
- Proposing your own ideas and turning them into reality with the support of a collaborative and innovative team
- Inspiring colleagues with the possibilities offered by the inventive application of data techniques
- Driving our client forward into the increasingly data-led gambling environment
To be considered as a Data Analyst, you will need:
- Experience in a data or analytics role and/or relevant academic experience (e.g. degree in Mathematics or Statistics)
- Strong technical ability with PowerBI or equivalent
- A good understanding of data analytics and visualisation principles and practices
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to communicate compellingly, with effective verbal and written communication
Coding experience, primarily with R or Python, would be beneficial to your application, as would experience in the gambling industry or a regulatory environment. Experience of working with research data sets would also be advantageous, as would experience of using SPSS.
Other organisations may call this role Statistical Analyst, Data Insight Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Information Analyst, Insight Analyst, Analyst, MI Analyst, Management Information Analyst.
The closing date for this role is the 6th April 2021.
Our client reserves the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Data Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Contact Name: Webrecruit
Job ID: 2912698