Business Analyst - Insurance
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
To define and manage system requirements and scope of change initiatives. To carry out specification of business requirements to a level that enables effective development and testing of agreed changes.
* To facilitate scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
* To contribute to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
* To discover and analyse requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adhering to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
* To obtain formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope requirements and establish a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
* To apply and monitor the use of required industry standard modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to system perspectives.
Required Skills and Work Experience
* Good communication skills, verbal and written
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to confidently engage with stakeholders at all levels
* Experience in documenting requirements in a formalised method
* Experience in workshop facilitation
* Exposure to a projects environment or experience of the project lifecycle
* Strong business analyst experience
* Experience in launching new business, including external client interaction
* Insurance experience
* Good customer facing / analytical skills to extract Requirements and Process Details from a large number of users around the business
* Experience of working on projects of a regulatory nature