Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. We are looking for an Business Analyst for our head office. You will work closely with the Business Stakeholders, IT Developers, Testers and Integrations and Infrastructure teams to deliver on projects within the business.
Purpose of the Role:
As a business, we are continually looking to improve how we do things, this includes technology enhancements to improve and simplify business processes through delivering high quality IT applications written by our .Net development team. As with all technology enhancements it is essential that we ensure the Business requirements are fully understood and documented. Thorough analysis ensures the Business requirements are both challenged and met as part of the development lifecycle. The Business Analyst will be involved in the projects throughout its life cycle. From requirements gathering to implementation. There will often be times when there are multiple projects being worked on at any one time.
Duties and Key Accountabilities:
- Attending project workshops, meetings, sprint reviews and system demos
- Working with business stakeholders, developers and the Testers to understand business / project requirements - this could involve facilitating workshops, 1-2-1 interviews etc.
- Documenting the requirements following the agile methodology (Epics, Features, Stories etc.) - providing process flows where appropriate
- Preparing project backlogs and sprint plans (essentially the project plan)
- Provide project updates either in project team meetings, or steering groups
- Support the Project Manager regarding financial responsibility for designated projects, validating business benefits and project justification as well as managing the budgets
- Where appropriate support business stakeholders with UAT
- Where necessary offer support during transitional "go live" stage of projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to be vigilant and inquisitive with good attention to detail
- Understanding of workflows and process flow diagrams
- A natural curiosity and desire to succeed and drive for results
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
- The ability and willingness to work well in a team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills
- Confident in working with internal and external teams
- Willingness to support others
- Ability to multi-task and test on a varying number of platforms
- Practiced in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues
- Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to manage workloads effectively
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge and/or expertise in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge and/or expertise in using MS DevOps (Backlog, User Stories, Kanban Board)
- Office productivity skills are desirable, MS office, Excel, Visio etc...
Make a difference to your career at Iceland, we expect a lot but you'll get a lot back in return. We will help you to grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Our benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.