BI Analyst / Developer
City of London
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
BI Analyst/Developer to join a Technology team in London. The Technology team operates on a global basis and are looking for a team player to assist in the building out of a BI Framework within the Operations Platform discipline and function.
This is an exciting role for someone with drive and enthusiasm and a passion for data and analytical reporting.
The BI Analyst/Developer role will be someone who can help understand the current data estate in SAP, how the data flows through the various systems and build data models in SAP Analytics Cloud to support current business processes.
* Support and maintain governance processes to ensure policies; procedures; principles and best-practice is followed for Data Management.
* Maintain the standards, knowledge, and processes for maintaining data dictionaries, data quality tools/reporting
* Translate business data validation and quality checking rules into technical checks - with the ability to profile data and produce reports and analysis of findings
* Produce data models and understand how to reverse engineer a data model from a live system.
* Help establish and maintain data management processes, data flows and standards.
* Identifies issues in database design, data processes, data products and services. You can initiate actions, monitor services and identify trends to resolve problems.
* Recognise and identify appropriate ways to collect, collate and prepare data and decide if data is accurate and fit for purpose. You know how to do your own data preparation and cleansing with limited guidance.
* Be able to extract and collate information from disparate sources and combine, display and present in a manner that is understandable for business users.
* Analysing data structures to develop CDS views to support BW models
* Working with the business to understand and document requirements
* Creation and ownership of functional and technical specifications
* Acting as an SME on SAP Analytics Cloud for advice and best practice
* Work closely with SAP project teams and third-party suppliers to ensure alignment across the platform
* Undertake some ETL work using Data Services
* Liaising with the Test Team to ensure accuracy in delivery
* Performance tuning and maintenance of HANA views
* SAP Analytics Cloud development desirable or experience of using similar analytical applications such as Tableau or Power BI
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Actuarial platforms
* Data acquisition utilising ETL tools e.g. Data Services
* Experience in the re-insurance or insurance industry beneficial
* Experience of Microsoft SQL Server BI stack
* Knowledge of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud