|Listed on:||19th March|
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good... and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what's right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All our business solutions are developed with one thing in mind - to make doing business easier for all our customers. And, when markets change as rapidly and as drastically as they do at the moment, that counts for a lot. It's the reason our products are valued by so many business customers around the world and it's also the reason that you'll make such an important contribution to what we do here.
As a Senior Java Developer here, you'll be joining a recently formed Centre of Excellence focused on building out Sage's global commerce platform used by Sage colleagues and our customers. As a developer in this Centre of Excellence you'll be producing business critical applications using a micro services API led design approach, utilising the latest AWS and Java toolset.
• Be passionate about development and up-to-date with the latest developments
• Relish challenges and problem-solving
• Be keen to develop and share your own ideas
• Able to share knowledge, mentor and encourage others to grow
• Contribute to our culture of respect, innovation and fun
• Define and document technical requirements for:
o Data, workflow and logical processes
o Hardware and operating system environment
o Interfaces with other systems
• Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes
• Use agile thinking to solve complex development problems
• Join and make a highly visible contribution in a small close knit team of engineers
• Mentor and coach more junior members of the team
• Enjoy the freedom to work on projects you choose on the last Friday of each month. Innovating or improving existing code or processes - it's up to you!
• Continue your self-development via dedicated learning days and conferences/meet-ups - you might even want to speak at one.
Contact Name: Sage
Job ID: 2910814