Job Title: Project Engineer
Salary: Competitive dependant on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (2 Years)
Closing Date: 26th March 2021
Argent Energy is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Our main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005.
Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities have been built in the Stanlow area. We specialise in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
Purpose of the Role:
An experienced engineer who delivers multi-disciplinary projects for Argent's Motherwell site, meeting time, budget and quality goals. You will bring your experience of managing projects in similar process industries to develop and deliver fast, effective improvements with the site team. This role is a fixed term contract for 2 years.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage a portfolio of site projects that are focused on environmental, safety and production improvements. Projects will range from £2mln new plants to minor pipework mods for environmental or production improvements
- Lead projects for other Argent sites when they have high levels of investment. This will require travel to sites near Chester and Amsterdam although the role will be based at the Motherwell site
- Work closely with Argent's other sites to improve processes, share knowledge and provide support where necessary. This may require occasional site visits in the UK
- For the programmes and projects you lead, measure and report the site's progress and success
- Work closely with the procurement team to develop and implement contracting strategies - get Argent the best possible value for money
- Use the site's management of change process to ensure that all changes are safe, compliant and reliable. It would be an advantage if you could be authorised as a management of change signatory
- Use project controls to track and manage schedules, costs and risks. Report these clearly to both Argent and external stakeholders, such as SEPA
- Deliver projects by developing small teams using both Argent and contractor resources
- Balance the priorities of the project portfolio by working closely with the site management team and communicating clearly
- Actively lead the whole project cycle; from initial project definition through development, design and engineering, procurement to construction and commissioning
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Safety, Health and Environment
- Carry out all activities in line with the Company's SH&E rules and guidelines
- Always wear Personal Protection Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
- Always work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately
- Ensure all staff and visitors operate in compliance with Safety Regulations
- Make yourself aware of all Emergency procedures and Responses
- Apprenticed or Chartered Engineer with significant practical experience
- Project Management Qualification or demonstrable experience
- Experience working in a process plant is essential, with Manufacturing, Process or Chemical background
- Experience of change management within a challenging environment
- Proven track record of taking projects from inception to completion on time and within budget
- Commercial acumen with strong business analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire actions
- Excellent facilitation skills to engage a cross-functional team towards a desired outcome
- Good knowledge of management of change process
Please click the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the company's careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Manufacturing, Process, Chartered Engineer, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Manager, Project Team Leader, Project Supervisor, Senior Project Coordinator may also be considered for this role.