Oracle Database Administrator
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£58 - £67
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
* Administering, maintaining and securing the database servers and provide Level 2/3 support according to SLA KPI metrics
* Upgrade from earlier RDBMS (MSSQL/Oracle) versions based running on on-premise and/or cloud
* Re-platforming Database servers which the lift and shift process whereby servers are simply carried over from the current Data Centre to the new environment.
* High Availability implementation of RDBMS (MSSQL/Oracle), troubleshooting replication problems and identify appropriate replication strategy
* Disaster Recovery Solutions use RDBMS HA (Clustering, AlwaysOn Availability Groups and/or DataGuard) and participating in Disaster Recovery Planning analysis and tests
* Provision and maintenance of database support documentation in line with Quality Standards, nowledge base documentation
* Configuration/monitoring of RDBMS (MSSQL/Oracle backups and restore databases
* Perform routine database maintenance activities and able to check daily routine tasks on MSSQL/Oracle Systems including reorganization of databases to maintain performance levels
* Resolution of Database performance issues, writing, debugging and optimizing complex queries and provide troubleshooting support
* Performing simple tasks on Windows and Linux Operating Systems as an Database Administrator
* Knowledge of Virtualization and Platform services
Holding NATO CTS Clearance and industry standard certification such as Microsoft Certified System Administrator is recommended.
In addition you will need to demonstrate at least 5 years of recent relevant years' experience. You must be able to prove:
* Experience in provisioning of Platform as a Service; Knowledge of SharePoint platform
* Experience in the provisioning of application maintenance and support services. Investigates and resolves application and system support problems and provides information about the systems, utilizing management tools;
* Knowledge of working within an ITSM framework (ITIL etc.) and perform Service Operation activities in ITIL Service Lifecycle
* Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.