Configuration Analyst - SC Cleared
£35,000 - £36,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Configuration Analyst - SC Cleared
Location: Treforest Wales and remote flexi
£32,000 - £35,000 neg base salary + generous benefits package
Candidates must be have SC clearance prior to starting
Permanent / Full Time
We are looking for a Configuration Analyst to join a leading innovative team in a prestigious organisation. Our client offers excellence in career growth, professional development and a coveted personalised benefits package. The suitable candidate will have a solid understanding of Windows server infrastructure and Microsoft Azure cloud services to support the release and configuration management of bespoke software applications across a number of environments using DevOps tools that automate the deployment process.
The primary focus of this role is to manage software and configuration changes through the development lifecycle. Following the development teams merging their changes and creating release artefacts, the responsibility of the configuration analyst is to ensure that they are consistently deployed through the System Test, UAT, pre-production and production environments.
Using Jenkins as the deployment tool the artefacts involved include:
MS SSRS reports
iLog 5 and ODM rules
In addition, releases involve managing and updating manual configuration changes including properties files, data loads and creating work queues.
The configuration analyst is responsible for resolving any issues that arise during any release, often having to liaise with developers, team leads, technical resources and the client.
The team objectives include;
* Carrying out incident and problem management for live production incidents.
* Liaise with Business Analysts / Third line support staff for more complex incidents.
* Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary.
* Playing an active part in process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures.
An experienced technical engineer who has a valid SC clearance, a solid understanding of Windows server infrastructure and Microsoft Azure cloud services to support the release and configuration management of bespoke software applications across a number of environments using DevOps tools that automate the deployment process.
* Must have SC security clearance prior to starting
* First-hand experience of release and configuration management across environments using tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket & Git & Artifactory
* Package installation, configuration, and management.
* SQL experience
* Experience of Windows Server / TSQL (Microsoft SQL)
* Microsoft Azure cloud - knowledge and experience of using Azure as a platform to deliver custom software applications
* PowerShell scripting and Java language practical experience
* DevOps - experience of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Python/Maven/JSON to automate platform delivery
* In addition to this role the individual is required to be a subject matter expertise in the installation, configuration, and management for a number of core applications that support the wider technical solution.
* These products are IBM FileNet, Kofax and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and experience of these is preferable but details of similar roles for other packages is essential.
Deerfoot IT Resources Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).