Site Reliability Engineer
iTech helps people make smart choices online. We create experiences and products that inform and entertain a global audience, providing unparalleled insight and guidance in the highly competitive world of gaming. We are rapidly growing. iTech is looking for the most engaged, innovative and sharpest people to build the best digital teams in the world. From our offices in London and Warsaw we bring to life a network of over 150 products across 50+ countries and 21+ languages.
We believe that our four values unlock the potential in each of us to achieve great things. Our unique culture empowers our diverse, talented and high-performing teams in Engineering, UX & Design, SEO, Experimentation & Analytics, Content, Marketing, Product and many more.
iTech is looking for people to join our story. People who want to bring their skills and best selves to work, develop them, and have the greatest experience of their working lives while producing the best work they have ever done. From truly epic company parties to dedicated time and resource for personal development - our culture and people drive success and the market-leading work we do.
Site Reliability Engineering at iTech Media combines Software Engineering with Systems Engineering (Infrastructure & Operations), in order to build and run secure highly secure, highly resilient and highly available systems, which work at huge scale.
What we absolutely need you to do
- Define best practices and methodologies for operating on vendor-neutral cloud architectures
- Ensure very high availability across globally distributed websites and platforms
- Contribute creative ideas to steer Infrastructure Operations and Design; using new technologies and advocating for best practices
- Define best practices and methodologies for operating on vendor-neutral heterogeneous cloud architectures
- Strengthen our release management and continuous deployment processes
- Ensure high security standards within infrastructure, and be a champion for security within engineering as a whole
- Design and implement creative strategies for systems deployment
- Build tools and systems to monitor and respond to notifications and alerts from critical systems
- Knowledge transfer and mentorship for other team members - within infrastructure, and in engineering as a whole
- Make Site Reliability at iTech Media a fun and rewarding place to be, by strengthening our amazing engineering culture
Ticket to play
- Hands on experience doing all (or most of) what we're looking for above!
- Experience working within a Site Reliability culture supported by Lean / Agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience working in Engineering / Infrastructure environments of non-trivial complexity.
- People who are smart and kind. We can teach tools; we can't teach that.
- Experience with AWS and K8s.
A Flavour of our stack
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- ELK Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana)
What we can do for you:
- Competitive salary package including annual bonus scheme.
- Yearly training budget of £1000.
- Company parties.
- Brand new, state-of-the-art offices with a fun and engaging culture.
- 41 days off (25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional 6 days over Xmas/New Year + 1 day Birthday + 1 life event day).
- Flexible working hours - you pick what suits you best.
- Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and wellbeing.
- Life insurance cover of 4x salary
- Annual travel season ticket loan.
- In-house Friday lunches cooked by a variety of food companies on premise.
- Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit.
- Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones and a choice of hardware/OS.
- Regular wellbeing activities - mindfulness (monthly Sanctus sessions) & nutrition guest speakers, free health screening (MOTs).
- Join in with yoga, 5-a-side football, HIIT sessions and much more.
- Monthly social events as well as legendary summer and Christmas extravaganzas.
- Charity volunteering days off to support causes you're passionate about.
- Pension contribution matched up to 10%.