FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind " to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That's no easy task, which is why we're so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we'll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates.
FanDuel Group is Headquartered in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and in Scotland you'll find us in Edinburgh & Glasgow. Our brands include:
- FanDuel " A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook " America's #1 sports betting app
- TVG " The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing " A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino " Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet " A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars " The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Principal Engineers are part of a community of our most senior engineers focussing on the organisations most complex, ambitious problems. You will take ownership for technical architecture and operational excellence and lead on some of the most important bodies of technical work in the organisation. You will be a core contributor to the organisations "north star" technical strategy, working with other engineering leaders to drive decisions around programming languages, architecture, products, tools, approches and processes. Free of line management responsibilities you will provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers, acting as a role model and supporting career progression.
Everyone on our team has a big part to play.
- Take ownership of a vertical's architecture, aligning the vertical's Engineers on a common technical strategy.
- Take ownership of a vertical's operational excellence, taking a hands on approach to the resolution of the vertical's most complex issues when needed.
- Write simple code, taking complex paradigms and implementing them in a way that Engineers at all levels can understand and contribute to. Insist on high standards for code quality while not letting perfection be the enemy of good.
- Influence the strategy of the teams, helping them understand how to make technical trade-off decisions between short-term business needs and long-term technology needs.
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards for your vertical.
- Help others leverage your expertise, by coaching and mentoring in your organisation. Contribute to the professional development of Engineers within the vertical, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
- Support our software as part of an on-call rotation
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Expert level experience building and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experience influencing technical decisions across 50+ person Engineering verticals.
- Understand a broad range of complex data structures and complex algorithms.
- Expert level understanding of design patterns and architectural principles.
- Experienced in making pragmatic trade-off decisions between short term needs and long-term needs.
- Experienced in many modern programming languages e.g. Java or Python or any Functional/OO programming language.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices through influence.
We treat our team right
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- A new technical challenge around every corner, we're never short of interesting problems to solve
- An excellent wellbeing package including, flexible working & flexible holidays, employee assistance program, full medical, dental and optical cover and cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent development opportunities including, 10% time, hackathons, conference attendance, online and in-office training and a career ladder that shows the best ways to progress.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, share save scheme and season ticket commuter loans.
We're very proud of the company we have created and the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of its people.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential