Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. If this is how you like to work then please read on......
we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to work in our head office. The role will see you work alongside a small team of engineers to help maintain, build, monitor, and scale the infrastructure to support the development team in their mission to deliver web-based applications, and feature updates to our platform; as well as maintain a low level of technical debt and ensure the platforms remain performant and resilient.
Additionally, the SRE/Cloud Operations team continue to build and expand a wide range of tools in an effort to automate complex, repeated activities, or provide autonomy to other teams within the business.
Day to day activities:
- Collaborate with other members of the SRE team to improve observability across our platforms, integrations, and microservices.
- Design, build and operate cloud infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of microservices with effective monitoring and resilient operations.
- Automation of processes and daily routines.
- Troubleshoot platform or integration issues across our cloud environments and web applications.
- Contribute to our growing efforts to increase our security posture across our web applications, infrastructure, and cloud platforms.
- Respond to platform or services outages, communicating impact, and providing root cause analysis and mitigation options going forward.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for code deployment and management.
- Perform performance tuning, monitoring, patching and other system administration tasks to support fault tolerant, high availability infrastructure.
- Provide excellent technical and platform support for issues escalated from wider teams, taking corrective action or escalating further as appropriate.
- Write, and maintain documentation pertaining to our platform, integrations, APIs, and microservices.
- Contribute to the on-call rota for severe issues impacting platforms and services.
- Scripting knowledge in either PowerShell, Python, Bash or similar alternatives.
- Experience working with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience building, monitoring, and troubleshooting APIs and microservices
- Experience working with an Infrastructure as Code approach
- Developing and optimising CI/CD pipelines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Advantageous to have:
- Knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud and Commerce Cloud
- Experience working in the Atlassian ecosystem
- Experience working on the Akamai Edge platform
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package,
- Flexible/Remote working available
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday,
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount,
- Free parking onsite,
- Double discount weeks,
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite,
- Discounted gym membership,
- Charity fundraising events,
- Educational sponsorship,
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave,
- Long service awards,
- Reward & recognition,
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.
If this sounds like you and you want to expand your career, please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!