|Listed on:||23rd February|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Technical Trainer (Electronic Warfare) Location: Flexible SF33791
Make a real impact, immediately
Here at Babcock International, we're looking for an innovative Technical Trainer (Electronic Warfare) with substantial radio communications and instructional experience to design and write DSAT compliant training material & train customers in the setup and operation of sophisticated Electronic Warfare (EW) equipment and complex radio theory.
We're open to where our Technical Trainers (Electronic Warfare) can be based but flexibility to travel to client sites when required is essential.
The difference our new Technical trainer will make Defence Systems Technology (DST) is transforming and we need Technical trainers to add value to our core offerings of mission critical services and equipment.
As part of the Information Systems growth team, you'll work in a customer facing role and will:
* Engage with Defence customers to capture requirements
*Learn new systems to an expert level to deliver high quality training in varying environments
* Write & design training material in line with customer requirements and DSAT compliance
* Develop engaging and realistic training material for Software Defined Radio
Who we're looking for
You'll be a motivated, enthusiastic instructor who is able to design and deliver high-quality and compliant technical training from a minimal brief and design, either as an individual or as part of a delivery team.
You'll be flexible and creative, so welcome changing requirements and opportunities, and if the power or IT fails you have the experience and initiative to carry on teaching using alternative methods. You'll be a proven learner who recognises that every day is a school day and actively seek out new knowledge, tools and technologies.
Whilst experience of training / teaching would be a bonus, we can consider experienced professionals who may have mentored more junior member of staff at stages in their career. We are offering an experienced team environment that will support you to achieve your goals!
* Advanced radio knowledge either in Signals, EW or Radar is essential
* Experience working within a technology team
* Experience with customer facing roles and presenting would be great
* Writing DSAT Compliant material & Training needs analysis (TNA's)
* Experience of learning, operating and / or teaching mission software / apps
Skills and attributes
* Excellent communication skills - you will be applying these from apprentice to executive level
* Strong presentation skills and confidence
* Ability to make a complex topic digestible
* Strong IT skills including networking, multimedia and mission applications would be great
* Skilled in Electronics, Signal theory and / or Information Systems
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.