|Listed on:||23rd February|
|Salary Notes:||Depends on experience|
As a Barclays FX Quant Developer you will join our high performing Statistical Modelling and Development team who's remit lies within the trading activities in the Markets division, in particular, electronic trading.
You will be part of our Investment Banking business, working closely with our Markets revenue generating teams. Using the latest model development approaches and technology advancements, you will be responsible for Algorithms and model based business logic used in electronic trading.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Designing frameworks and functionality for development of trading algorithms
• Supporting the implementation, testing, and production of frameworks and functionality for each individual asset class
• Analysing improvements to algorithm performance whilst proactively identifying resolutions to problems and issues
• Supporting the asset class trading desks with escalated queries and issues when required
• Participating in team peer reviews of code, modelling and testing as well as knowledge sharing and presentations
What we're looking for:
• Extensive experience of Java, C# or C++ languages in a shared codebase
• Proven experience working with algorithms or Electronic Trading business logic
• PhD or Masters level degree or equivalent in a quantitative, mathematical or scientific discipline
• Proven knowledge and experience of working with low latency and event driven programming
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Professional software development experience gained in a finance, hedge fund or investment bank environment
• Good understanding of econometrics, statistics and machine learning tools
• Demonstrable knowledge of Python, R or Kdb languages
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links.
The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Contact Name: Barclays
Job ID: 2901280