Commercial Project Manager London Up to £90k
- Are you a Project Manager with experience in an industrial manufacturing, engineering, chemicals, renewables or environmental sectors?
- Do you have previous Project Management experience in Plant Expansion Projects, Greenfield Industrial Projects, EPC or Capex New Build Projects?
- Do you have a strong Commercial capability (including the ability to interpret commercial and legal aspects of contracts and or project strategies - economics, tax, insurance, legal etc?)
- Do you have experience of both Project Management & Business Management?
- Do you want to work for a fast-growing and innovative company who are heavily investing in their technology for scale-up and growth?
If so, then please see below….
Commercial Project Manager London Up to £90k
Huxley Engineering and a European Industrial Production Innovator are looking to recruit a Project Manager for their London HQ to support significant investment to increase both production capacity & capability in the UK, Europe & USA.
Reporting into the Function Head, the Project Manager will ensure that projects meet quality standards and are completed both on time and within budget.
Key Responsibilities of Commercial Project Manager Role
- Assist in establishing scope of work for the projects as well as contracts with third party companies
- Provide detailed project plans and subsequent follow-up progress reporting
- Develop and update detailed execution plans for all phases of the project
- Set up and submit milestone reports
- Work closely with other areas of the business to ensure all technical, commercial and legal requirements are met
- Project support and delivery around finance, legal/contractual and operational preparation/coordination
- Evaluate and present proposals with regards to costs, pricing, legal, commercial and technical risks
- Assist in identifying and monitoring the main contract risks
- Ensure Risk Process is followed and appropriate documentation issued
- Establish and maintain management systems for execution of projects
- Finalise project schedules and capacity charts
- Identify resource and manpower requirements
- Assist in developing the contract administration strategy and assure its implementation throughout the project
- Project close out to ensure orderly transfer of documentation and information
- Understands impact of decisions and or project outcomes on strategies, operations and budgets
- Ability to negotiate within broadly defined parameters.
- Identifies and defines complex, multi-disciplinary problems, effectively accounting for poor quality information when necessary
Skills, Experience & Competencies Required for Commercial Project Manager Role:
- Educated to degree level in Engineering / Commercial Discipline
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification or other project management training
- Has a thorough understanding of structure and operations of a Company and how they inter-relate
- Proven track record of achievement in a Project Management role on plant expansion projects or been involved in greenfield industrial projects etc
- Commercial awareness is essential; including the ability to interpret commercial and legal aspects of contracts and or project strategies
- Demonstrates ability to interpret commercial and legal aspects of contracts and or project strategies (i.e.., economics, tax, insurance, legal)
- Hands-on experience with schedules, flow charts and action registers
- Experience of Microsoft Project and task/resource management tools
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing business or EPC / Capex / Greenfield / Plant Expansion experience in engineering, chemicals, manufacturing or production sectors
- Experience of industrial contracts and negotiation experience
For the successful Commercial Project Manager, a salary up to £90k + Benefits is on offer and this Commercial Project Manager, though based near the City of London is close to Liverpool Street Station, Waterloo Station, London Euston Station, Victoria Station and accessible from South London, West London, East London, and North London, as well as Slough, Leatherhead, Crawley, Dartford, Romford, Maidstone, Stevenage, Watford, Hatfield, St Albans, and Maidenhead.
To be considered for this Commercial Project Manager role, please apply below.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Contact Name: James Griffiths