|Listed on:||12th February|
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world's rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We're hugely proud to be the world's leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That's more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success.?We're driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we're always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It's this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
We are searching for an experienced Senior Analyst to join our Product measurement and reporting function. The full Analytics team consists of 11 roles and our goal is to embed smarter, more sophisticated, data-driven decisions across Trainline to help steer an already fast-growing business to even greater success. We dig deeper, we think insight not numbers, we articulate complexity clearly and with confidence. Our role is as a decision-making partner to business leadership, not simply to supply numbers.
This role will partner with the Product teams to evaluate and maximise the potential of our web and app products to deliver the best experience for customers & regular users. Working in a team of 4, the successful candidate will look to provide analytical insight to support product development across Europe and beyond. You will play a critical role in enabling a culture of high volume, high velocity hypothesis driven testing to optimise both commercial and technical objectives, as well as the planning process for budget setting. They will also work with the wider Finance team to ensure business objectives are met in the most effective and efficient way possible.
The role is based in London; potential travel to our other key offices in Paris/Edinburgh.
Key responsibilities include:
Delivering analysis to Product owners based on customer behaviour and interaction through qualitative and quantitative analysis on both app and web
Managing Experimentation analytics (ABn/multivariate)
- Working with Product teams to deploy tests for actionable insights with robust measurement methodology
- Ensuring measurement results are translated into real business impact
- Delivering clear hypothesis's based on learnings from experimentation
Understanding drivers of overall business performance by monitoring the health of our app and web products and ensuring regular reporting needs are met
- Ensuring accurate and insightful reporting is in place to manage the business
- Delivering insights to help prioritise opportunities, and giving guidance on potential areas of improvement
Supporting company-wide improvements to timely insight through a stronger platform of data and the development of more sophisticated BI tools and content
Supporting budgeting and goal setting across key metrics, modelling the business impact of proposed changes
- Helping to set and monitor operational KPIs which align with wider goals and guide the business to success
A successful candidate will have:
Background / Experience
- Strong Academics: University degree or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative field (such as economics, mathematics, engineering, finance etc.)
- At least 3 years of analytical experience; at least 2 years in ecommerce
- Ability to distil and communicate results of complex analysis clearly and effectively to all levels including senior management
- Strong working knowledge & experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL, BigQuery) to query frontend analytics solutions, e.g. Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture
- Extensive and proven experience using SQL to extract insight and recommendations from data
- Strong data visualisation skills using tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI etc
- Experience of Product engagement evaluation and measurement of success/ROI, such as running ecommerce ABn testing to evaluate product effectiveness
- Using front end data to quantify the effectiveness of new features and how it changes user engagement
- Navigating imperfect data sets and complexity/ambiguity of analysis to derive clear insights and actionable results
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it's the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
Contact Name: Trainline
Job ID: 2897594