Network Engineer - SC CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Network Engineering Service will support the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of the core physical and virtual networking components which form the backbone of the NSoIT(D) Platform. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
* The design, development, building and validation of all networking components which form part of the NSoIT(D) Platform.
* Production and review of all levels of design artefacts.
* Supporting wider NSoIT(D) system testing activities.
* Working with Service Management to resolve issues.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is essential that individuals have:
* Demonstrable experience of at least 3 years within the industry with detailed knowledge and understanding, of the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of the following:
o Hierarchical IP Subnetting.
o Routing protocols, internal and external, OSPF, and BGP.
o Advanced knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls.
o Core network technologies and infrastructure:
? Cisco Nexus
? Cisco IOS XE
? Leaf and Spine network architecture
? VXLAN Overlay networks
? Dual Cloud Dual Hub DMVPN Solutions
? Firewall IPS/IDS
? AAA Management Platform e.g. ISE
o TRL Crypto
? Configuration of devices and management of keymat?
o All aspects of QOS (Traffic Shaping / Policing / Scheduling / Congestion Management and Avoidance).
* At least one of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
o Networking certification - at least CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or similar.
o Virtualisation certification - VMware VCP-NV (VMware vCenter Certified Professional - Ne twork Virtualisation)
* Experience working in Defence, particularly Naval and ideally with Defence Digital
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and propose new ideas.
* Competency in MS Office Suite
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience
In order to deliver this service, it is desirable that individuals have:
* Experience of:
o Defence networks and gateways.
o Delivering accredited secure solutions within the UK Public Sector.
o Delivering in Agile (SAFE4) and Waterfall projects.
o Large Virtualisation infrastructure environments that operate at scale.
* Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA and Confluence) to record and document work.
* A Computer Science university-based education at Bachelors or Masters level.
* Experience in developing secure architecture within a multi-tenanted environment.
* Chartered Engineer Status.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.