Consult Red is a trusted partner to the digital media industry and beyond, driving innovation and delivering support through the entire product development journey.
We apply our cutting-edge experience in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help companies in all sectors to deliver connected devices and systems.
Founded by 5 engineering leaders from Pace Micro Technology in 2003, Consult Red has grown a strong reputation working with some of the world's leading Pay TV, media and OTT operators.
Since then we've grown from being an embedded specialist in the media sector to a provider working with companies in other industries such as Energy and Healthcare. We've applied our cutting-edge experience and talent in product development, hardware, embedded and cloud technology to help customers deliver connected devices and systems.
As the world becomes more and more connected, it's this experience that we think will drive opportunities for our clients looking to broaden their appeal and their business in the next decade.
We work with clients as a secure, discreet and reliable partner who works hard in the background, making sure everything is done on time. Our teams work from fully equipped laboratories in Yorkshire in the UK, Wroclaw in Poland and Los Angeles in the USA.
How you will spend your time
This role will allow you to develop your existing engineering knowledge and offer challenges to hone your skills in electronic design and engineering disciplines. You'll form part of a team, contributing to product development, verification and overall project delivery. The results of your work will be important to our clients who operate at the forefront of technologies using embedded hardware and software.
As part of the team in you'll both develop yourself and contribute to the value we bring to our clients who operate across a wide variety of applications from lowest power IoT devices to highest speed home entertainment broadcast receivers. You will work in a flexible environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners. You will need to bring a sound engineering knowledge, be able to learn ‘on the job' and have first rate communications skills.
What you will need to bring
- A minimum of five years working in a hardware design and development environment.
- Ability to understand complex engineering issues and clearly communicate them via phone, email and other methods
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Demonstrable knowledge of electronic hardware architecture and design principles.
- Knowledge of basic printed circuit design principles.
- Ability to understand and learn CAD systems for schematic entry and PCB layout.
- Demonstrable ability to develop a design to an agreed specification, taking the product requirements into account.
- Knowledge of modern software and scripting techniques.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles of electronic hardware testing and debug.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Experience with any of the following is useful, although not required. An ability and willingness to learn is just as important.
- PCB layout skills.
- Product specification creation
- Familiarity with Linux and command line tools.
- Contribute to architecture level design.
- Design review experience and critique.
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary which will grow with your career.
- A twice yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learning from talented colleagues
- 25 days' holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every year you stay with us
- Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the area.
Our Recruitment Process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We'll usually do a short first stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we'll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more. Where possible, we'll do a face-to-face interview in our offices, so that you can get a better feel for the company and your team. However, we understand the challenges of COVID-19 and have adapted our business to be completely flexible around the current situation. This means that we may do some, or all, of the interview process over video using Microsoft Teams, Skype, or GoToMeeting.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it's like to work with us, so we're happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.
If this sounds like what you've been looking for, apply today and we'll be in touch really soon.