|Listed on:||2nd February|
|Salary/Rate:||£450 - £450|
|Start Date:||2021-02-02 00:00:00|
Job Title:Business Analyst (Infrastructure - Data Centre Operations)
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
As a Business Analysts resource is responsible for capturing business requirements for management and delivery on large, strategic, and complex datacentre consolidation projects thereby interacting with multiple Technical engineering resources, Business teams, IT and other leadership / stakeholders. The applicant will preferably have experience working in a financial or a similar ITIL framework aligned organisation with Infrastructure area. The successful candidate will need to be able to plan tasks to ensure that deliverables are met to be completed on time and to the required quality; be personable and approachable to help deliver the best outcome whether working alone or as a part of a virtual team. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent written and communication skills to be able to convey technical plans to senior management. Communication skills are a key requirement of the role as the successful candidate will be expected to create and maintain technical documentation to company standard and industry best practice.
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
In this role, you will be responsible to support for Infrastructure operations across the Banking as well as Securities arm: Key responsibilities included but not limited to:
1. Organise and facilitate project definition requirements gathering workshops with project stakeholders for details of technical and functional requirements for the Infrastructure data centre movement/consolidation, Cloud migration and Infrastructure upgrade IT project.
1. Collection of infrastructure data from various IT Tools, stakeholders, and documents. Identify the data gaps and take proactive actions to close the data gaps.
1. Creation of questionnaires and conducting surveys, circulate to project stakeholders and consolidate answers and findings into reports.
1. Create and maintain the Master server inventory in the presentable format with up to date information.
1. Assist in the planning of data centre migration and perform coordination with different teams during the consolidation.
1. Identify the project scope and assess and document the Impact through the various BA techniques.
1. Work collaboratively with the stakeholder and manage them with efficient verbal and written communication.
1. Prepare and publish the business requirement document (BRD) by understanding scope, requirements and manage revisions.
1. Produce conceptual documents to illustrate processes, models, and workflows (e.g. swim-lane diagram, use-case diagram).
1. Assessment of the solution design to ensure all the requirements have been considered and ensure the business/IT stakeholders understand the solution.
1. Prepare and manage the traceability matrix.
Work experience (Essential):
1. Minimum 10 years of experience as a Business Analyst with ability to work with stakeholders to elicit and formally define the Infrastructure (Data Centre Consolidation) project requirements.
1. Experience in the role of Infrastructure engineer or Data Centre system administrators, prior to working in the role of BA is preferrable.
1. Proven experience in large Complex IT Infrastructure Transformation initiatives in the career.
1. Working experience in the Data centre movement and consolidation in the role of Business Analyst is must.
1. Understanding of various On Premise and Cloud data centre model with the associated components (Compute, Storage, Network etc.) and functions.
1. Basic Knowledge of the IT Security principles/ controls, and Identity access management is desirable.
1. Good understanding of infrastructure platforms (Windows, Linux/Unix), Infrastructure/Application deployments and IT delivery process.
1. Having sufficient technical knowledge to understand and check the architecture documentation to verify all the requirements have been considered.
1. Experience using project management, modelling and data analysis tools
1. Experience of working in a technology driven environment.
1. Experience working with security standards, policies, and procedures
1. Experience in engaging with stakeholders from technology and non-technology business functions.
1. Degree level qualification or equivalent level / recent technology focussed qualification.
1. Good general knowledge of IT infrastructure (hardware, software, database, networking and cloud technologies).
English language skills required for technical authoring of documents and creating of persuasive presentations.
Duration of the Assignment:6 months- renewals on rolling basis
I.e. Negotiating, client facing, communication, assertive, team leading/team member skills, supportive.
? You are a leader and an expert in delivery of infrastructure frameworks and associated key solutions.
? Excellent communication/leadership/interpersonal skills; results driven and with strong sense of accountability
? You are experienced in engaging and persuading teams to accept and participate in best-in-class security architecture and operations
? Data driven, ability to analyze data needed to effectively measure progress against the execution of objectives
? You successfully convey technical information in an understandable way that generates results
? A troubleshooter who proactively removes roadblocks and pursues solutions to problems that stand in the way.
? You value and develop trusted relationships at every operational level
? The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
? Strong decision-making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
? A structured and logical approach to work; Strong problem-solving skills
? A creative and innovative approach to work
? Excellent presentation skills and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
? The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
? A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment
Contact Name: Admin Ssunita Chaubey
Job ID: 2893621