|Listed on:||26th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£45,000 - £45,000|
|Start Date:||2021-01-26 00:00:00|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Test & Automation Engineer
Capenhurst, Chester (home and office based)
£45,000 Plus Benefits including Bonuses, Private Medical Insurance, Occupational Health Clinic, Life Assurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance
EA Technology is an established company that provides high-quality products and services to power networks across the globe. We are recognised as a world-leading expert in our field, enabling our customers to manage their electricity networks more efficiently, with fewer failures and outages, greater safety and lower costs.
We are looking for a Software Test & Automation Engineer to join our established Development Team, who develop a variety of cutting edge, exciting products for the electricity utility industry.
Our products include industry-leading handheld instruments, desktop software, wide scale deployment embedded systems and big data storage systems.
As a Software Test & Automation Engineer, you will:
- Help the team to further adopt the use of automated testing
- Design and implement a robust test program across all development projects
- Support the test process, from project specification stage through to customer deployment
- Shape the test approach and process as the team grows
- Share industry best practice with team members
To join us as a Software Test & Automation Engineer, you will need:
- At least five years' software testing experience
- Experience of setting up and managing continuous integration projects to run automated testing on codebases, from microprocessor firmware through to desktop applications
- Previous experience of leading a team of engineers
- Experience of using Docker to create and manage reproducible test environments
- To be confident in using the command line in both Windows and Linux
- Proficiency in using Python for test scripting and automation
- Familiarity with software version control, bug tracking software and document management systems (e.g. Phabricator, SVN, SharePoint etc.)
- An ISTQB foundation level qualification or equivalent
Other organisations may call this role Software Test Engineer, Test Engineer, Test and Automation Engineer, Software Quality Engineer, Software Test Analyst, QA Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, or Software Quality Analyst.
What are the benefits?
- Join a company that's at the forefront of the renewable energy revolution
- Excellent development opportunities
- Some remote working options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Voluntary benefits scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service awards
- On-site parking
Webrecruit and EA Technology are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Software Test & Automation Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.