|Listed on:||20th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £55,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Make a real impact, immediately Babcock Defence Systems Technology (DST) has an enviable reputation for fostering partnerships and innovation, and delivering technological advantage to an array of global customers. We are building on these strengths with the creation of an innovation hub which will be at the forefront of our contribution to ensure DST remains at the forefront of defense and security innovation. The Technology, Design and Innovation (TDI) team will be built from a diverse mix of skillsets, backgrounds and experiences; highly motivated people who are driven by the prospect of working with industry leading technology in a challenging, agile and forward looking environment. A dynamic bench of professionals comprising both permanent and secondee positions, TDI will adapt to bring fresh thinking to growth opportunities, develop new capabilities and put innovation at the centre of DST growth moving forward.
We are at the beginning of the TDI journey and are looking to appoint a dynamic, ambitious and commercially aware IP Networking, Bearers and Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the team.
Reporting to the Head of the Future Solutions; you will lead or partake in technical collaborative activities, often using the application of sideways collaborative thinking and white boarding to plan, design, present, create, build and demonstrate Babcock's ability as the SI&T of COTs/MOTs IP networking systems and technologies. This role is aligned to the activities around the preparation, experimentation, trials and R&D that will enable Babcock to provide technical knowledge and core capabilities to secure multiple programmes across a variety of sectors and customers.
Who we're looking for A key aspect of this role is to collaborate with vendors and OAMs as a technical peer on products and integrated systems using a deep technical level and technology understanding. You'll need to be pragmatic, solution driven with a strong technology focus. Highly motivated and with a passion for engineering, you will be at the forefront of our systems development activities. You'll need an inquisitive mind, the ability to think on your feet and problem solve in order to create unique solutions to difficulty problems.
We are looking for individuals who are self-starters with initiative who thrive in an environment where requirements and priorities can change rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and where every day is a learning day; actively seeking out new knowledge, tools and technologies to help take us forward into the future.
What do I need to do the role?
* Experience of both mobile and fixed networks
* Deep knowledge of IP technologies and infrastructures (Military, Public and Commercial)
* Understanding of Virtual Networks and associated technologies
* Experienced in system defect analysis, recreation, testing and trouble-shooting
* Understanding of commercial telecommunications specifications IEEE, 3GPP etc
* Understanding of military specifications and standards FMN, STANAG, Spirals, MTSA
* SME for radio telecommunications IP bearer technologies
* SME for Cellular Technologies 3G, 4G, 5G and associated technologies
* SME MESH/MANET and HCLOS
We would also like you to have...
* RF/IP Network Design for lab/field trials, demonstrations and operational deployments
* System support, engineering, deployment, feature testing and RF optimisation
* Experienced in the production of technical reports and engineering documentation
* Strong understanding of systems engineering, integration, testing, acceptance V-Model, ITEAP, VVRM etc
* Experienced with customer and vendor collaboration
* Knowledge of IP routing and switching to CCNA/CCIE level or above or practical experience
* Experience of proto-type systems and environments
Lastly, it would great to see...
* Experience of software development environments process and support
* Problem solving, agility & lateral thinking
* Ability to upskill, learn new subjects & skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to articulate concepts and ideas to non-technically minded people
* An ability to achieve the appropriate security clearance level which for this role is SC
Successful applicants will demonstrate that they are critical thinkers able to be innovative in their approach and thinking and able to work at pace balancing multiple priorities concurrently. Collaboration, adaptability and inclusion are key to the success of DST and these will be core attributes of all TDI team members.
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
Application Guidance If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.