|Listed on:||20th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £55,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Make a real impact, immediately Babcock Defence Systems Technology has an enviable reputation for fostering partnerships and innovation, and delivering technological advantage to an array of global customers. We are building on these strengths with the creation of an innovation hub which will be at the forefront of our contribution to the Defence Digital era. The Technology, Design and Innovation (TDI) team will be built from a diverse mix of skillsets, backgrounds and experiences; highly motivated people who are driven by the prospect of working with industry leading technology in a challenging, agile and forward looking environment. A dynamic bench of professionals comprising both permanent and secondee positions, TDI will adapt to bring fresh thinking to growth opportunities, develop new capabilities and put innovation at the centre of DST growth moving forward.
We are at the beginning of the TDI journey and are looking to appoint a dynamic, ambitious and commercially aware Network Systems Integration Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Reporting to the Head of the Future Solutions, you will lead or partake in technical collaborative activities, often using the application of sideways collaborative thinking and white boarding to plan, design, present, create, build and demonstrate Babcock's ability as the SI&T of COTs/MOTs IP networking systems and technologies. This role is aligned to the activities around the preparation, experimentation, trials and R&D that will enable Babcock to provide technical knowledge and core capabilities to secure multiple programmes across a variety of sectors and customers.
Who we're looking for
A key aspect of this role is to collaborate with vendors and OAMs as a technical peer on products and integrated systems using a deep technical level and technology understanding. You'll need to be pragmatic, solution driven with a strong technology focus. Highly motivated and with a passion for engineering, you will be at the forefront of our systems development activities. You'll need an inquisitive mind, the ability to think on your feet and problem solve in order to create unique solutions to difficulty problems.
We are looking for individuals who are self-starters with initiative who thrive in an environment where requirements and priorities can change rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and where every day is a learning day; actively seeking out new knowledge, tools and technologies to help take us forward into the future.
What do I need to do the role?
* Experience of both mobile and fixed networks.
* Systems engineering with design, testing, and integration experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend technical information and articulate concepts and ideas to non-technically minded people.
* Strong knowledge and experience in testing intricate systems configurations, including integration of software and communications protocols.
* Strong experience and background in COTS/MOTS telecommunication technologies and systems.
* Both practical and theoretical ability.
* Experience in IP Network Systems Integration of fixed/wireless infrastructures, cabled, fibre, HCLOS, LTE, MANET, SATCOM, HF, VHF, UHF, and TacCOMs
We would also like to see...
* IP Networking knowledge and ability to a CCNA level (or equivalent) as a minimum.
* Strong knowledge of System Engineering and team tools such as DOORs, JIRA, TEAMS, SharePoint, Jazz and others.
* Ability to prepare test specifications and testing procedures following ITEAP processes and procedure.
* Knowledge of wireless telecom industry testing solutions, RF testing, and technology evolution, as well as in-depth experience in RF systems testing for such as Microwave, MANET, LTE or 5G,
* Strong knowledge of COTS/MOTS standards 3GPP, IEEE, Mil STDs, and STANAGS
* Understanding of automated testing infrastructure.
* Knowledge of post-test data analysis and production of technical reports and documentation
* Experienced in telecom laboratory environments, equipment and technologies (RF equipment, networking equipment, spectrum analysers, signal generators, protocol analysers)
* Strong understanding for the process involved in network system support such as reporting, investigation, and resolution of technical issues,
* Ability to lead or support both lab & field demonstrations of product prototypes and/or trial solutions to external audiences requiring occasional travel UK and abroad.
* Experience of troubleshooting fixed and wireless IP networks
And finally, we would like...
* Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect).
* Knowledge in commissioning and integration support of new products into the customer network, for new radio hardware, software & features
* Provide experienced troubleshooting support on-site during integration
* Hands-on experience with new product introductions in lab and field
* Technical knowledge in radio & mobile broadband products, solutions, and services
* DV clearance is preferred, but must be capable of securing SC clearance
* Strong presentation skills
* Experience of software development environments process and support
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview