|Listed on:||20th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £55,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Make a real impact, immediately Babcock Defence Systems Technology (DST) has an enviable reputation for fostering partnerships and innovation, and delivering technological advantage to an array of global customers. We are building on these strengths with the creation of an innovation hub which will be at the forefront of our contribution to ensure DST remains at the forefront of defence and security innovation. The Technology, Design and Innovation (TDI) team will be built from a diverse mix of skillsets, backgrounds and experiences; highly motivated people who are driven by the prospect of working with industry leading technology in a challenging, agile and forward looking environment. A dynamic bench of professionals comprising both permanent and secondee positions, TDI will adapt to bring fresh thinking to growth opportunities, develop new capabilities and put innovation at the centre of DST growth moving forward.
We are at the beginning of the TDI journey and are looking to appoint system engineers to the team.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a practical, hands on development engineer whose skillset includes solution development and system architecture development. You'll need to be pragmatic, solution driven inquisitive and with a strong technology focus. Highly motivated and with a passion for engineering as you will be at the forefront of our systems development activities.
You'll need an inquisitive mind, the ability to think on your feet and problem solve in order to create unique solutions to difficulty problems. You'll need to be adaptable, able to work in an environment where deadlines change and have the ability to work at pace to turn ideas into reality
What do I need to do the role?
* Demonstrable interest in technology particularly related to autonomy, cyber and artificial intelligence
* Great communication skills enabling you to quickly build trust and rapport at all levels
* Ability to articulate concepts to non-technically minded people both verbally and through presentation / demonstration
* Able to identify the core elements of solutions, create solution architectures and identify any requirements for systems or interfaces which need developing
* Have an understanding of the system development lifecycle and its application to the design and build process
* Hands on systems prototyping and experimentation ability
* Ability to clearly and concisely elicit, derive and capture requirements and communicate requirements to others
* Proven systems integration capability
* An understanding of verification and validation activities which may be needed to gain solution acceptance
* Software literate
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.