|Listed on:||20th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £55,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Make a real impact, immediately We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to become our next Software Developer.
Babcock Defence Systems Technology (DST) has an enviable reputation for fostering partnerships and innovation, and delivering technological advantage to an array of global customers. We are building on these strengths with the creation of an innovation hub which will be at the forefront of our contribution to ensure DST remains at the forefront of defense and security innovation. The Technology, Design and Innovation (TDI) team will be built from a diverse mix of skillsets, backgrounds and experiences; highly motivated people who are driven by the prospect of working with industry leading technology in a challenging, agile and forward looking environment. A dynamic bench of professionals comprising both permanent and secondee positions, TDI will adapt to bring fresh thinking to growth opportunities, develop new capabilities and put innovation at the centre of DST growth moving forward.
We are at the beginning of the TDI journey and are looking to appoint software engineers to the team.
Who we're looking for We need software engineers to drive our research and development efforts and to realise innovation projects and prototypes across multiple domains. We are looking for individuals who are self-starters with initiative and a broad range of technical skills who can work on a wide range of communication and integration themed innovation projects ranging from embedded prototypes to GIS and the identification and exploitation of new technologies.
Enthusiastic technologists who are able to design and implement a prototype from a minimal brief and design, either as an individual or as part of a team. People who thrive in an environment where requirements and priorities can change rapidly to meet needs of our customers and where every day is a learning day; actively seeking out new knowledge, tools and technologies to help take us forward into the future.
What do I need to do the role?
* Experience in developing a project in one or more of the following programming languages:
Able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level (SC)
Successful applicants will demonstrate that they are critical thinkers able to be innovative in their approach and thinking and able to work at pace balancing multiple priorities concurrently. Collaboration, adaptability and inclusion are key to the success of DST and these will be core attributes of all TDI team members.
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit.
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays;
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance;
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Plan;
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities;
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Ashchurch. A number of employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within Babcock, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* Location: Bristol
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role. * We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.