Operations Manager - Secure Environments
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving.
As our client continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working here is more than just a job - as an innovative science and technology company, our client solves their customer's most challenging problems and many of the projects you'll work on are of national importance.
As the Operations Manager (Secure Environments), you'll be overall responsible for the technical operation of secure technology systems and service platforms across the Cyber and Information business, in direct support of business delivery to our client's customer base. This is an internal facing role with accountability and responsibility for the day to day technical operation of these platforms, working closely with line of business teams and technology platforms providers, both internal and external 3rd parties.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the business to understand changes required in the technical operational capability of these platforms and to work with operational teams to ensure that continuous improvement is maintained and new capabilities are introduced into the portfolio.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that operational teams execute service provision of these technology platforms in an efficient high quality manner. You will be responsible for directing operational teams in the execution of tasks and for reviewing the output of activity against quality and capacity measures.
- Management of demand, capacity and capability of the technical operational teams delivering secure technology platforms
- Lead operational teams in the delivery of secure technology platforms, ensuring the correct process and procedures are followed.
- Be able to guide others in resolving complex issues to minimise disruption to the business operation.
- Responsible for the selection of technology and tools used to support the operation of secure technology services and is accountable for the management of all technical resources supporting the delivery of these platforms.
- Ensuring that the delivery of all services provided by these platforms met expectations of the business, whilst complying with internal governance.
- Collaborate with Service Operation teams to ensure that cloud platforms can be delivered to business consumers in a streamlined way as an internal managed service.
- Champion and Monitor consistent technical operation best practice across the organisation and is accountable for ensuring that accurate performance information is readily available and can be used to make informed business decisions.
- Use best practice knowledge and awareness of developing market trends and customer behaviour to influence the business strategy ensuring our secure technology services remain competitive and customer satisfaction improved upon.
- Is able to seek opportunities for continuous improvement and is able to influence key stakeholders in order to improve the operational process and performance.
Capabilities and Knowledge:
- Significant knowledge of managing and maintain secure on premise services and associated technology platforms,
- Significant knowledge in organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of quality management principles and practices
- Knowledge of business management principles and practices, including financial best practices.
- Ability to analyse and interrupt data with strong attention to detail in order to make informed decisions regarding operational efficiency.
- Working in accordance with set budgets.
- Has the ability to work autonomously and can resolve complex issues with minimal guidance.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across various positions and levels
Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant experience in Technical Operations Management across complex, technology service propositions
- Qualification in operational management standards such as Six Sigma or has a strong working knowledge of equivalent frameworks.
- Experience of working across diverse services, products and business.
- Ideally experience within an MoD / secure environment
- Extensive experience of driving operational excellence across existing delivery teams
- People Leadership / Management Experience including allocating and coordinating workloads within team