As we develop our (HR) People technology platforms, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with solid experience gained in a similar role and environment to join our HR Services team.
As our HR Systems Lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management and development of our HR Systems and will take a technical lead for upgrades and future implementations.
You will also be responsible for creating and delivering people MI, whilst providing comprehensive day-to-day user support.
You responsibilities will include (see role profile for detailed accountabilities):
- Day-to-day technical management of HR systems, continually maintaining and developing systems to meet compliance, organisational and operational process requirements in a controlled and stable environment. Managing and maintaining systems security.
- Technical system lead for HR System upgrades and implementations (i.e. planning, architecture/design, configuration, data management, integration support, testing and deployment).
- Providing comprehensive users support, resolving system issues and queries effectively.
- Building and deliver meaningful HR data analytics and operational reports.
- Supporting projects and annual packages of work such as the end of year compensation review by providing data and managing bulk system uploads.
- Proven experience of working within a HR Systems role, covering systems administration, maintenance, development and implementations.
- Solid experience of analysing, evaluating and resolving technical HR System issues and providing user support.
- Solid experience of building and producing people MI, with solid report writing skills and bulk data upload experience.
- Experience of working with 3rd party vendors and internal IT partners to support integrations and ensuring HR Systems sit within the overall IT architecture.
- Excellent IT skills and high level of competence with MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail. With the ability to quickly comprehend information in order to assess system issues and organisational needs in order to communicate resolution concepts effectively to technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to manage, plan, organise and prioritise a varied workload and deliver multiple streams of work to the appropriate deadlines.
- Strong numerical aptitude.
- Shows optimism while navigating changing environments where parameters may be unclear.
- Professional, proactive, resourceful and diligent with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a personal ethos for continuous improvement.
- First-rate customer service skills.
Closing date: 29th January 2021
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There's an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity leave and parental leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.