Head of Application Delivery
RSSB is seeking a dedicated and motivated Head of Application Delivery to join our Information Management and Technology (IM&T) Directorate. You will have an opportunity to make the most of your expertise through delivering a wide range of applications central to RSSB's 2019-2024 business plan.
The purpose of the role is to lead the Application Delivery Service within RSSB, executing on digital initiatives, ensuring they are effectively positioned, planned and managed to deliver products that align with the organisation's priorities and user needs.
This will involve:
- Design and strategy: Leading RSSB's application delivery service. Defining the strategy for the capability, delivery and integration of RSSB's internal tools and external industry systems. Providing a single point of coordination and oversight for all digital delivery projects.
- Plan and resource: Working with the Head of IT Portfolio, identify delivery options and resources. Plan the phasing of delivery to meet business needs. Create multidisciplinary teams to manage the delivery of internal and industry systems. Manage dependencies between projects, managing risks, commercials, budgets and people. Balance priorities, communicating with and managing internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Manage and deliver: Leading and motivating delivery teams comprised of delivery, development and testing resource. Managing fast paced and effective delivery using Agile practices. Unblock issues and ensure teams collaborate, communicate and focus on business priorities. Monitor and manage team capability and development.
- Manage the delivery of enterprise-level systems including enterprise resource planning, website and e-commerce (Sitecore), learning management and human capital management systems.
- Guide and develop the design of RSSB systems to meet the goals of the organisations. Lead Data and System architects to deliver data models for digital systems.
- Work with Product Owners and Business Analysts to translate business and user needs into technical designs. Help owners to understand the cost and strategy implications of their requirements.
- Decide on delivery methods. Lead rapid delivery using iterative methods. Act as an advocate for agile delivery.
- Understand the needs of system support so applications can be effectively handed over to Operational teams. Works with the Data Protection and Security Officers to ensure systems are secure and compliant.
- Mange the delivery of products using internal, external or blended teams. Build and maintain relationships with external vendors. Develop processes for effective internal and external delivery.
- Manage delivery outcomes, ensuring that projects land well with internal and external audiences. Work with the Head of Business Change to plan changes and ensure appropriate change management processes are applied.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders. Effectively describes technical concepts to different audiences. Manage delivery expectations and maintain support for projects.
- Work with project managers to plan the budgets for internal and external delivery. Plan the cost-effective delivery of projects. Forecast and monitor operational and capital spend.
- Build teams to effectively deliver applications and changes. Ensure teams deliver effectively on commitments. Motivate the team and act on feedback. Monitor the capabilities needed to deliver. Manage the development of staff.
- Experience in managing the successful delivery of applications using agile processes.
- Broad technology experience. Experience with Sitecore, Azure, Microsoft Dynamics and O365 are all highly desirable. Experience of implementing commerce systems is also desirable.
- Able to lead the planning of application delivery, including roadmaps and identifying dependencies in plans. Experience in planning the delivery and integration of enterprise-level systems.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability of communicating a vision or goal to others. Builds consensus and acts as a central point of contact for digital delivery.
- Experience in leading teams in agile delivery. Able to represent and be an advocate for agile tools and techniques.
- Experience of managing and developing supplier relationships. Able to anticipate capability needs and identify internal and external resourcing options.
- Able to effectively manage budgets. Plans budgets and manages costs against budgets.
- Excellent communication skills. Experience of managing stakeholders, building support for projects and managing client expectations.
- Experienced in leading teams to deliver at pace. Able to motivate teams and manage conflicting priorities.
Please note we are not accepting applications from candidates that have applied within the last 12 months.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Contact Name: RSSB
Job ID: 2886494