Infrastructure Security Manager
12 Month FTC
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 base + bens
As the Information Security Manager, you will be responsible for devising, evolving and monitoring the design, delivery and embedding of the information and data security aspects of IT Security and Data Protection Strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define and implement an organisation wide infrastructure security strategy including information protection and application security strategy, to help ensure Clients policies and standards are met.
- First point of contact for all IT security escalations and breaches
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure Team, Service Management and IT technicians to ensure that any security incidents are managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the day-to-day infrastructure security processes operated by the client's IT Team.
- Be responsible for and continuously develop and monitor processes for vulnerability management and network security (firewall management, NAC, network intrusion detection, email security, endpoint and server protection and backups etc.)
- Stay abreast of current future security risks and adapt mitigations and controls accordingly for Threat Intelligence & Trends.
- Collaborate with the Application Manager and Data Protection Officer to develop, maintain and enhance the information protection policies and strategy.
- Track and report on risk metrics and remediation activity for vulnerability management and network security, information protection and application security to help ensure that senior stakeholders are aware of key vulnerabilities and risks within the organisation.
- Effectively analyse breaches, incidents, internal and external audit, compliance monitoring and other review findings to determine Information Security and Cyber risk implications.
- Alongside the Infrastructure Architect, oversee the design and testing and deployment of security aspects of IT changes and projects to ensure standards are met.
- Work with and supplement the Service Delivery team as required to ensure quality of service and support.
- Take ownership of IT projects as required and see them through to completion working with the wider support team.
- Provide additional IT support and project capacity when required.
- Work SCSM Asset Management to improve the quality of IT Asset data.
- Mentor, train and support the IT support teams on some of the infrastructure initiatives to enable handover/adoption and independence.
- Deliver the IT service in accordance with ITIL and core principles.
- To provide high-quality technical support, advice and guidance to all personnel.
- Ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are logged appropriately on the Service Management system.
- Maintain regular communications with the appropriate local staff until Incident resolution.
- Monitor progress of all Incidents and Service in your care, against Service Level targets and respond promptly to customer requests for updates or resolution, as appropriate.
- Act as a project team member on other projects run by other members of the Group ICT team.
- Assist with the population of articles in the SCSM Knowledge Base.
- Ensure that support is carried out according to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably considered to be within the grade and remit of the post.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/ DESIRED:
- A minimum of three years of experience of carrying out a similar role
- Degree in a Computing related discipline
- Appropriate qualifications in Microsoft & Cisco technologies
- ITIL Foundation Level qualification
- Good knowledge of the educational system Experience of working within an internal ITIL based Service Desk function
- Proven track record in working to strict timescales and of working with staff at all levels;
- Experience of working in an on-site IT based Customer Service
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft (Server, Desktop, Office 365/ Azure),Cisco products Microsoft Azure Information Protection Microsoft Sharepoint DLP, IRM and other similar technologies
- MDM and identity management (ideally Microsoft)
- Detailed knowledge of different cyber technologies across Infrastructure protection, Application Security & Information Protection.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident in dealing with all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques and get results
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong personal drive and willingness to get things done
- Demonstrable experience of balancing priorities and successful delivery of objectives, in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, investigate and resolve technical issues
- Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities
- Ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving
Due to high volume we will only be able to respond to applicants considered for the position