Job Description Years of relevant experience
2+? years Education Level
Bachelor's Degree About the Job
Oracle Developer with Oracle Forms and SQL Server - Financial Services - East London
Our Client is specialist software company developing software for the pensions, insurance and wealth management software market place.
They are currently looking to recruit an Oracle with PL/SQL and Oracle Forms Developer with at least 2 to 5 years commercial experience of writing applications developing Oracle Forms applications.
You will ideally have experience of working on and developing pensions and or wealth management systems.
The Client will be moving from Oracle 10 to Oracle 11g very shortly so this could be great move to learn the latest technology.
The main function of the position is to develop in Oracle coupled with the following:
- Create and agree work specifications for assigned tasks before commencing any changes/development
- Assist with providing quotes for new development and amendments
- Development of software using Oracle tools or other technologies used by the company
- Carrying out necessary application/database modifications as per agreed specifications
- Liaising with clients to address issues/problems at the earliest opportunity (email, phone, web-tools)
- Fixing of technical bugs/issues and patch release control
- Adhering to standards and expectations of the company as regards programming, recording, controlling and securing developments
- Ensuring technical specifications/requirements are met within agreed deadlines
- Carrying out adequate unit & link testing before releases are made
- Prepare release documentation for all new developments to the agreed format
Any experience of developing software for the financial services arena would be a bonus.
Other web technologies that would be handy to have are HTML, possibly RedHat/JBoss.
This is a 3 to 6 month contract to start ASAP.
Send your CV in Word format, along with your salary expectations and availability.