Here at Santander Technology we push the boundaries and create innovative, customer centric tech solutions for Santander. We collaborate to provide these world-class technical solutions and are adopting Agile across our business as we digitally transform our platforms and services to create the bank of the future.
Our teams adopt change and continually look for new and better ways to deliver. We collaborate to solve problems and find solutions in what can be a complex and challenging environment. Our passion for excellence and our tech is what makes Santander Technology so successful. We champion diversity, form teams and support learning resulting in a people orientated and diverse environment for all.
- We are a self-organized, Consensus-driven, high performance and committed to team's success.
- We are continually encouraging innovation an experimentation (Fail fast and Learn).
- Deliver high quality product and services to exceed customers expectation.
- Central element with team is the continuous improvement that we enable with "inspect & adopt".
- Cloud Data engineering team's prime focus is to contribute to the Banks Digital data transformation journey.
- Design technology solution and Develop Modern Cloud Data platform with cloud-native technologies.
- Data driven approach is at the heart of our transformation through the application of Cloud-Native and Open-source technologies.
- its fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment and always seeking individuals with an "can do" attitude who want their work to have real impact.
- we're responsible for the end-to-end Data Pipeline configuration, Data Streaming, Data ingestion, transformation, integration, Data Science and exploitation, data modelling and architecture to data governance.
- We Architect, Design, Develop, Test and deploy applications and are responsible for the strategy through to implementation, change management and communication.
- This role is critical for our Cloud Data Migration journey and will be an important cloud data Engineer as we strategically land our Digital programmes of work.
- You'll take pride in solving data engineering challenges, such as Automation of Serverless ETL Data Pipeline, Data Lakes, Data acquisition and store, Data transformation, Data classification, Data Quality and controls, Data Governance, Data integration and Data anonymization
- What you will be doing:
- Excellent experience with Full Stack Cloud Data Engineer (Ingestion, streaming, Processing, transformation, Analytics and Machine Learning).
- AWS Cloud solutions to deliver flexibility, scalability, and reliability. As a Data Engineer at Santander, your Primary responsibilities will be· Design, develop, Deploy and support an modern analytical data Platform providing ad-hoc access to large Data Lake and computing power.
- At each stage of the data pipeline, Machine Learning (ML) will be incorporated to augment, simplify and, in some cases, eliminate certain manual tasks to improve the time to insight and usefulness of data Catalog, Classification, Anonymization, tagging and Data Quality and control.
- Experience with highly scalable, distributed systems and data processing of large data sets.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the SDLC, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, refactoring, source management, build, testing, and operations.
- Agile + DevOps
- Software Engineering
- Excellent OOPs/Functional programming experience (Java, Python, Scala coding, Apache Spark, AWS SDK, AWS Boto3 skills with exposure to numerical Python (NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter notebook)
- AWS Cloud Data Solutions/Big Data Analytics
What we offer?
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend 'Meet Ups' and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that's dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
- Competitive salary and Annual bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Minimum of 26 days holiday per year in addition to public bank holidays and you can buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year with our 'Flexi Holidays' scheme.
- You'll get 5 paid 'Selfie Days' per year (4 days for your personal development and 1 day to support the community)
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family and Dental insurance
- Access to onsite gyms and discounted gym memberships
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.