Job Title: I.T. Technician / Engineer
Location: Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience + statutory pension and medical insurance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The business was established in 1973 and they are proud to be a founder member of the multinational Bianco Group who has been operating in Europe, North America and the Middle East for over 60 years.
Today they are made up of over 20 steel stockholding, distribution, processing and trading companies and it is still growing. Over 800 people work in the group and serve over 80,000 customers worldwide.
The Group specialises in providing seamless and welded tubes to the construction, process and energy industries as well as providing seamless tubes and solid bars for the mechanical and fluid power markets.
- Professionally answer incoming support requests for assistance, either via e-mail, in person or other means and deal with end-user technical queries
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems both locally and via remote support tools and provide solutions and workarounds to incidents and Problems
- Incident and problem management
- Provide support to the business at all times
- Install, maintain and support new applications
- Administer MS Office and user accounts
- Prioritising and managing several open cases and mini-projects at one time
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
- Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support a quality deliverable to the company
- Work closely with members of the IT team to enhance services
- Establish a good working relationship within the business and with 3rd parties
- Contribute to polices, processes and procedures
- Implementation and maintenance of company IT procedures and policies
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation
- Ensure all records, such as equipment logs and asset lists, are kept up-to-date
- Project-based work and additional responsibilities as requested by the IT Manager and Managing Director
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to create documentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable to changing work priorities
- Flexible "can do" attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and Office suite
- Software and hardware installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Strong team player
- Strong desire to advance your IT knowledge, train, learn and progress
- A working knowledge of any of the following :- Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, VMWare, MS Hyper-V, MS Server OS, Veeam.
- Networking and infrastructure experience.
- Oracle Database
- Unit4 Dream accounts
- Crystal Reports
- CompTIA, Microsoft and other IT Certifications
- Cobol programming
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the company's recruitment page.
Candidates with experience of: Support Engineer, Support Technician, Desk Support, IT Technician, Network Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 3rd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Support Technician, Infrastructure Engineer, Technical Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, 2nd Line Engineer, Helpdesk Support and Fault Desk may also be considered for this role.
Contact Name: Bluetown Online
Job ID: 2882897