An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a busy and growing Network Team to shape, deliver and manage networking initiatives to support business growth.
We are looking for a results driven, motivated individual with a track record of excellent fault resolution in a 24x7 corporate environment.
As a highly skilled network engineer you will join an existing team of dedicated service orientated network engineers responsible for the development of Next's networking infrastructure. The network infrastructure is a key component of the Next's IT platform that underpins all aspects of Next's operation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for scoping, designing and implementing the next generation of Next networking infrastructure to provide scalability and future proofing. You will also assist in critical fault finding where required.
The is a permanent position and will be based at the Next Head Office in Enderby, Leicester and on occasion may require some travel both within the UK and Internationally.
- Current Cisco CCNA/CCNP qualification
- Demonstrable excellence in project management and delivery background
- Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal, persuasion and negotiating skills able to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Flexible and adaptive to changing business needs and priorities
- A demonstrable understanding of best practices for installation and management of Network infrastructure within an International enterprise at a senior level of responsibility
- You'll be able to work closely with other technical teams to find the best solutions
- You'll be a natural problem solver
- You'll be able to effectively plan and prioritise an deliver to tight timescales with a busy workload
- Proven practical expertise of designing, configuring Cisco and Palo Alto Firewall product sets
- Proven practical expertise in designing, configuring and maintaining Cisco network equipment IOS/NX-OS/ACI/SDN
- Experience of working with Cloud services such as Azure, AWS etc
- Self-motivating, able to identify and define development requirements
- A good appreciation of the use of new networking technologies to support the business and management requirements of a UK Retailer or equivalent.
- Automation and Scripting skills using Ansible, Python etc
- Proven understanding of network security management.
- Experience of working with Cisco Nexus 5000, 7000 and 9000 Series switches and NX-OS.
- An Understanding of Automation and scripting technologies
- Experience of working with Cisco ISE and an understanding of new emerging technologies, such as DNAC, SDA
- Good understanding of VOIP and IP telephony including SIP.
- A high standard of customer care and experience in dealing with a range of different stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work calmly and systematically in a busy environment.
- Ability to prioritise, exercise good time management and organisational skills and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to motivate others and work effectively in a team
- Produce documentation to a high standard and must be proactive in knowledge transfer to other teams.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management team.
- Keep management team informed of major outages / issues and resolutions.
- Clean driving license and access to own transport
In addition to a competitive salary the benefits shown below are typically offered for a job at this level. The exact benefits an individual is entitled to will vary depending on their competency level and/or contract type, therefore some or all of the benefits may not apply.
A Little About Us
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 54,000 people across the UK and Eire. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion and Homewares retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 550 stores, plus the Next Directory and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 61 countries around the world! So we've gone global!
Contact Name: Next
Job ID: 2882112