Working as part of the Security Engineering Team the Security Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, configuration and administration of our technical security control suite.
The successful candidate will be working on the design and implementation of new security controls/technologies to help further improve Next's security posture, working closely with the other security and IT teams to ensure they integrate with our existing systems. Once implemented the Security Engineer will help ensure these systems are continuously maintained and tuned by working closely with our Red and Blue teams so as to ensure they remain effective against new and emerging threats.
As a Senior Security Engineer you will also help mentor more inexperienced members of the team. You will also be expected to maintain an awareness of the changing threat landscape and industry standards, proactively working to identify, justify and progress opportunities to improve the security of our environment and counter new threats.
The role involves participating in a shift and call out rota to help ensure our environment is monitored and supported on a 24x7 basis.
- Manage and maintain Next's technical security controls.
- Establish, monitor and maintain automated processes that aid in alert information enrichment and incident management.
- Maintain control baselines in order to proactively identify capacity and licensing requirements for future budgets.
- Ensure controls meet required standards.
- Work with other Information Security teams to identify control gaps and implement improvements to address.
- Work with the Information Security Management team to identify new technical controls and implement.
- Collaborate effectively with other IT Teams to ensure that new and existing security controls integrate seamlessly with our IT systems.
- Assist Incident Response team with the investigation and resolution of Security Incidents when required.
- Create and maintain operational procedures, configuration and technical documentation to a high standard.
- Manage and maintain metrics and reporting to ensure the performance of our security controls is understood.
- Maintain an awareness of new and emerging security technologies and threats.
- Act as a mentor for more inexperienced members of the Security Engineering team.
- Promote and adhere to good change management practices.
- Play a lead role in managing and resolving operational issues with technical controls, assisting in coordinating and directing team efforts.
- Proven Information Technology experience with a good understanding of network protocols and server infrastructure.
- Project delivery and design experience.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise workloads, and to measure and report on current progress.
- Strong Windows Server and/or Linux experience.
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attack techniques, and vulnerability management.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining common security tools such as Anti-Virus, FIM, IDS/IPS.
- A team player who is hardworking and self-motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and clearly communicate to all levels of management.
- Experience mentoring other team members.
- Ability to take a lead role in coordinating the timely diagnosis and resolution of major issues.
- Able to convey a technical solution to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Must adhere to and promote team standards including documentation.
- Understand and operate change management.
- Relevant industry recognised security qualification.
- Experience with Risk Management and/or Threat Modelling.
- Experience with security or compliance standards such as PCI-DSS or ISO27001.
- Understanding and experience of working for a Retail company.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!
Contact Name: Next
Job ID: 2882103