Project Manager, Smart Ticketing, Prince2, Digital PM, Digital Project Manager, Travel Information, Intelligent Transport System, RTI, OPTIS, Optimised Transport Integration System, Public Sector, Risk, Customer Engagement,
Our client based in Manchester are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager with experience in Digital projects including Smart ticketing ideally.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Smart Ticketing in the Transport Sector
- Fully engage in all development and delivery activities as and when directed
- Maintain an up to date Personal Development Plan/Portfolio
- Manage, and continuously monitor, the Travel Information project to ensure satisfactory progress and consistent development / delivery of project / programme aligned to the agreed funding, outputs and timescales for the project / programme.
- Proactively manage stakeholder needs and expectations in relation to the Travel Information project, with a key focus on local transport operators.
- Ensure problems and issues are effectively resolved.
- Ensure Project Execution Plans and Programme Plans are initiated and kept up to date for the project / programme including risk and issue management.
- Provide support and advice to others (inside and outside of PMS) in preparing Project Execution Plans and Programme Plans.
- Develop and manage a Customer Engagement Strategy and Plan to ensure that outputs from the project / programme meet the needs of The client's Customers.
- Develop Strategy with other The client departments to promote and encourage take up and usage of The client' Travel Information products.
- Ensure compliance with the PMS function's agreed procedures and compliance with all internal standing orders, financial regulations, relevant legislation and other statutory requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of the PMS function and organisational procedures.
- Secure the necessary internal (Programme Board, Executive Group, etc) and external (The client, Third Party) approvals consistent with current the client's practices and procedures and negotiate projects / programmes through the appropriate gateway process.
- Lead and / or participate in appropriate reviews and lessons learnt exercises at the various stages of the lifecycle process.
- Establish and lead effective working arrangements with multiple internal and external stakeholders to provide guidance on the development and delivery of projects and programmes.
- Present proposals to, and negotiate with, stakeholders.
- Undertake consultation and liaison on projects / programmes as necessary. Manage and monitor the outputs of external and internal project and programme teams.
- Take responsibility for setting detailed task briefs with key deliverables, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure performance against defined time, cost and quality criteria.