|Listed on:||17th December 2020|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,911 - £45,004|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Your new role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our Major Projects Directorate. As part of our Regional Investment Programme (RIP), you will be a key part of a team managing projects of up to £300m. This role is based out of our Guilford office with travel where necessary to site and meetings with contractors, stakeholders and the like.
This role would suit someone who has strong experience of leading on the planning and delivery of a project in construction, infrastructure or a related industry. You'll be confident in managing the performance of a project team ensuring adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards across the supply chain
What you will be leading on
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Project Director, Programme leader, Senior Project Manager, Project Delivery Committee members and other key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full mutual understanding of the projects' strategic and delivery objectives, to report on and review project performance, and to agree solutions that resolve complex issues.
• Clarify roles and responsibilities within the project delivery team, creating high quality baseline management products, producing timely and accurate reports, and creating and maintaining specified records.
• Design, agree and implement project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes.
• Oversee feasibility, design and assessment work for proposed projects. Contribute to the development of robust business cases, to clarify business benefits, quantify resource requirements and identify project interdependencies.
• Identify and evaluate emerging risks, issues, dependencies, and constraints associated with the project, escalating where appropriate. Where necessary develop, agree and implement solutions to overcome these.
• Commission and manage the performance of delivery partners and expert consultancy support as appropriate, ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clearly understood, setting clear expectations for health and safety management, time and cost; and taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
To be successful
• An experienced Project Manager with relevant industry exposure
• Commercial Skills with a proven ability and relevant experience with NEC contracts or equivalent to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money.
• Able to manage complex relationships with various stakeholders and be able to influence for positive outcomes.
• • Experience of managing business and/or value management cases for new projects through company defined governance, review and approval gates.
• Demonstrable experience of managing the development/ delivery of project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners.
• Experience of leading and developing a team of people
A bit about us
The Regional Investment Programme is responsible for the development and delivery major infrastructure projects. We deliver capital improvements that will help to grow the economy and deliver wider social benefits and improve infrastructure.
This is an exciting time to join as we begin to develop projects for our next investment period.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included, and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
Closing date: 14/01/2021