Job Title: Infra Project Manager
Reporting to: Portfolio Manager
Location: Norwich , London
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
Managing Customer projects
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
this role is responsible for managing one or more complex Infrastruce (Midrange ,Datacenter ,Windows & Network ) projects that involve multiple stakeholders, ensuring that project charters, integrated project, resource, and contingency plans are fully scoped and documented, and that appropriate risk management processes are in place.
A Senior Project Manager leads the identification and development of project objectives, scope, plans, dependencies and success criteria in collaboration with the project sponsor and other stakeholders. The Senior Project Manager also leads multiple work streams throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring high quality and cost effective deliverables.
- Direct project management of large-scale, complex projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Adhere to and implement the Group Programme Management Change Framework, ensuring quality of project reporting via programme management tools conforms to Group standards.
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artefacts in line with the change framework, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Manage detailed plans across the critical path to deliverance of project objectives, engaging with stakeholders and critically assessing requirements
- Anticipate issues and delays, and evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value, effectively assessing and resolving high priority project risks.
- Define and report on project progress and achievement of project milestones, regularly updating key and senior stakeholders on project status.
- Continually manage project dependencies, ensuring smooth and timely delivery of the key milestones
- Identify areas for methodological improvement and implements changes.
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Build, lead, and coach project teams throughout project lifecycles
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensure projects comply with Group standards of Project Methodology
- Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status and periodically publish project status reports
- Demonstrates strategic allocation and reallocation of resources within and across projects/programmes based on business insights and team capability.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall and integrated delivery plan
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in the business case
- Ensure end results are of the highest calibre with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Ability to balance multiple projects, making strategic decisions on time, quality, and cost to deliver complex activities
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach.
- Maintain constructive and supportive working relationships with stakeholders across the group
- Apply tools and processes to effectively identify and quantify project-level risks, proactively communicating their impact with stakeholders.
Management of Risk
- Continually reassess the operational and project level risks by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of risks, including operational risks, occurring.
- The role acts as a risk mitigating function by monitoring the delivery risks across the project and ensuring these are adequately managed
- Takes positive action to reduce the impact and probability of project-level risks, escalating where necessary.
Duration of the Assignment:12 months
I.e. Negotiating, client facing, communication, assertive, team leading/team member skills, supportive.
Communication and good technical skills