Customer engagement in B2B is all about customers experiencing a real partnership."
Edgify is looking for an organized, personable and tech savvy sales engineer to join our sales and customer success team in escorting our clients through their entire customer journey, from initial conversation to full deployment! You will serve as the primary technical point of contact throughout the customer's onboarding stages and growth stages. This role requires a love for people and conversations as you'll build and maintain long term relationships with our clients' tech teams and advocate their needs internally across our departments such as Product, R&D and Sales.
What you'll do?
Engage our Customers Tech Teams
- Deep-dive technical assistance which includes conducting screen share sessions with customers to guide them through installations, tech evaluations as well as resolving complex technical issues with high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customers are getting the most out of our solution and that they are adopting new features as they are released .
- Prioritize and manage incoming support tickets both via our customer chat platforms and other support channels.
Pre-sale tech support
- Train, empower and support the sales team with product knowledge and technical Q&A.
- Take on a pro-active role in potential client evaluation based on their technical specs and our tech requirements.
- Validate potential clients based on our capabilities.
- Work directly with key technical stakeholders from the clients' side and agree on objectives, milestones and deliverables with regards to initial integration and rollout plans.
- Deliver client insights and request client needs from all internal teams (sales, marketing, product, engineering and research).
- Communicate highly technical concepts to a variety of internal audiences.
- Manage the solution demo system, ensuring that our team consistently delivers great product demos to potential new clients.
- Develop miscellaneous coding projects that support demos, proof of concepts, integrations and tech support as needed.
Skills - Must
- Minimum 2 -4 years of full-time work experience at tech companies or a tech startup as a sales engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of a broad range of technologies such as: Docker environment, Understanding client server architecture, Network infrastructures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to travel 30% of the time (Covid permitting)
- An ability to simplify complex topics, and always relate technical explanations back to the business value of the product
- Quick, on-your-feet thinking, especially in meetings where you might be asked rapid-fire questions
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to always learn more in order to keep up with our rapid pace of development and the pace of the industry
- Must be pragmatic, realistic, and build strong, respectful relationships across levels of seniority both inside Edgify as well as the clients' organisations.
- A positive, team-first attitude, and a desire to help your colleagues and peers.
- Comfortable working day-to-day with cloud-based workflow tools such as Monday, Google Apps, and Slack
- Available for a full-time position within a fixed schedule
- You don't wait for an answer, you go and find one.
- You're well organised, good at prioritising and juggling multiple work streams.
- You are comfortable with working through problems of a fast-growing company.
Skills - Nice to have:
Intermediate-level knowledge of a broad range of coding technologies & APIs
- experience in customer success or customer-facing roles, for a technical product or services company.
- Experience in working with machine learning based products
- You are familiar with developer workflows and standard tooling e.g. GitHub
- Familiarity with the Retail industry and its ecosystem
- Knowledge of open source, cloud, and containers.