Healthcare Data Analyst
Job opportunity for healthcare data analyst at a leading healthcare management company.
You are responsible for interpreting healthcare data, provided by hospitals, clinics, and consultants. You will analyse the acquired integrated health data so as to enable you to provide stakeholders with valuable insights.
30% of the world's stored data is generated by the healthcare industry and therefore by joining this high profile healthcare organisation as a Data Analyst you will benefit from excellent opportunities for career and personal development.
This job offers a high degree of personal satisfaction because the results of your informatics and analytical duties aid patients in making informed decisions about their health care. Further your insights enables clinicians and healthcare managers to make improvements to their patient services.
Healthcare Data Analyst job qualifications and requirements :
- Experience of carrying out data analysis projects within the healthcare domain
- At least 2 years of work experience as a Data Analyst
- Working knowledge of using SQL in order to extract data
- Proficiency in performing data analytic tasks such as data mining and statistical analysis
- Skilled in preparing Data Analysis Write-Ups / Reports which explain to the business your data and modelling approach, the results of your analysis, and your key conclusions.
- Capable of understanding a variety of data structures
- Understanding of common data transformation methods
- Confidence in working with a wide range of teams including senior decision makers
- An interest in machine learning is welcome as is an interest in applying programming languages such as Java, Python, R (training encouraged)
Healthcare Data Analyst duties and responsibilities of the job :
Reporting to the Principal Data Analyst your day to day tasks include :
- Performing data requirements analysis
- Contributing ideas which lead to improvement in the methods used to obtain and analyse data
- Cleaning and preparing data in order to make certain that you identify and handle missing and inconsistent data
- Carrying out data analysis and exploration meaning you'll create the data question in order to answer the business need and work to find patterns and deviations in the data
- Applying your statistical knowledge in order to guide your activities and interpret the data
- Solving problems such as bugs and roadblocks
- Optimising joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
- Creating data visualisations so that your findings can be easily understood by your colleagues
- Removing technical barriers by delivering presentations and building dashboards in order to showcase your findings and moreover make sure that the business units understand your findings and therefore apply your meaningful data insights to deliver business needs and improvements
- Working closely with colleagues across the HIAN and medical teams to ensure smooth delivery of projects