Commissioning Manager - CHP
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We are actively looking to secure a Commissioning Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Our Client are seeking a Commissioning Manager to join the Kent office and provide the following works and services:
- Developing and preparation of the overall commissioning strategy, commissioning procedure(s) and commissioning program, based on a draft commissioning manual and programme prepared already
- Ensure the overall commissioning strategy is developed in-line with a Specific Environmental Permit and additionally meets the needs of the Environmental Agency.
- Work closely with various stakeholders including the project manager, site manager, client, customer and third parties (e.g. authorities, power network operators, etc.) to provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership
- Leading & directing all commissioning activities for the project on site
- Supporting the client in technical dialogues with the lot suppliers, the general planner, authorities or experts - mainly in Kent, occasionally also at other locations (e.g. Munich)
- Collaborating in monitoring the fulfilment of the contractual agreements between the client and the lot suppliers
- Immediately notifying the project manager and the clients site manager of significant events that affect technical execution, scheduling and commercial agreements or decisions
- Reviewing and commenting on commissioning-relevant documents prepared and provided by the lot suppliers and the general planner
- Ensuring compliance with the statutory provisions, guidelines and norms
- Establish, lead and participate in meetings connected with commissioning activities, program, coordination between lot suppliers, Customer and client.
- Supporting the client's HSSE/CDM manager in monitoring compliance with the statutory and project-specific work safety and environmental protection requirements and rules
- Working closely with the client's Permit Engineer (SAP) to ensure a safe & efficient permit strategy is implemented
- Ensuring all hot commissioning is in accordance with the Environmental Permit
- Coordinating and implementing the entire new commissioning and start-up activities, in particular, ensuring that the plant complies with and fulfils the plant and system description
- Lead the preparation, development and execution (including monitoring and evaluation of results) of the:
- Trial operation program
- Performance measurement program
- Acceptance test program
- Reporting any breaches of any environmental limits as set out in the Environmental Permit
Professional requirements / Experience:
- Experience as Commissioning Manager, with deep knowledge of CHP plants / technology and the commissioning of such facilities
- Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans for CHP plants or similar installations
- Good leadership, planning, organising and interpersonal skills
- A minimum qualification of a BSc or BEng in the field of process engineering and/or instrumentation and control engineering
- Team and project management skills
- Knowledge of the T-3000 control system
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance.