Electrical & Control Systems Engineer needed, Staff, Bradford
20th November 2020
£42000 - £47000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Electrical & controls Engineer you will be involved in the Design of electrical control systems for all types of manufactured production machines
This is a Staff position offering £45-50k base salary, dependant on experience . Our client are based on the outskirts of Bradford.
* Evaluate customer specifications and electrical requirements
* Design/Modify electrical circuits and layout drawings for machine and control panels
* Produce electrical bill of materials for parts on machines and in control panels
* Compile RFQ design packs for control panels, junction boxes and operator consoles.
* Design/Modify PLC and HMI software for manufactured production machines
* Carry out testing and validation of new equipment
* Customer witness testing on buy off machines
* Electrical commissioning at customer sites
* Liaise with all departments including external customers and suppliers
HNC/D in Electrical Engineering.
Proficient in AUTOCAD and/or EPLAN
Allen Bradley Compact and ControLogix & Siemens S7 and TIA Portal control systems
Hardware and software design and implementation of safety PLC systems including VFD safe torque off and safe stop functions.
Familiar with VFD and servo drive configuration and drive parameter set-up
Good understanding of control panel design, form and function
Good understanding of control systems for high volume, high production machinery
minimum of 5 years industrial control system design experience - post apprenticeship or degree
Must have a systematic and practical approach to fault finding and system start-up
Must be prepared to travel
Must have excellent design skills in electrical engineering including PLC and HMI design.
Key responsibilities include:
* Understand and implement customer electrical specifications/requirements
* Electrical design, product selection, BOM's, PLC and HMI software design
* Electrical support to other departments, Sales, Engineering, Design, Purchasing etc.
* Commissioning, operator training, operating and maintenance manuals and technical support We cannot offer sponsorship for this role.Please send across CV if of interest.Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.comProgressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales