Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Leeds (WFH initially due to COVID)
We are actively looking to secure a Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
The Infrastructure team provide essential structure, security and strength to the whole of the business. They solve problems, fix hardware and software, and obsess about delivering innovative tech solutions for the platform that runs their core systems. Whether it's heading up incidents, investigations and changes, They make tech decisions to keep everything working smoothly, 24/7.
We are currently looking for an innovative and pragmatic Project Manager with a 'can-do' attitude to join our Clients Infrastructure team in Leeds. The role will require the individual to take responsibility for the effective ownership of end-to-end business initiatives within our delivery programme.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with both technical and non-technical teams. They will be proactive, have great attention to detail and the ability to plan and multi-task effectively. There will be a requirement to occasionally travel to other offices within the Group, so flexibility is also essential.
- Management of the end-to-end delivery of initiatives throughout the project lifecycle, from 'Inception' to 'Benefit Realisation'
- Lead on defining, scoping and planning key deliverables, working closely with internal and external stakeholders of varying disciplines
- On a daily basis, you will manage cross-squad and business wide communication, coordinating them to ensure that dependencies are understood, and necessary tasks progressed accordingly
- Work closely with a variety of technical roles such as Architects, Engineers and Developers, as well as other Project Managers
- Implementation of suitable governance is essential, and you will ensure it is applied and controlled throughout
- Actively monitor, identify and remove blockers preventing projects from advancing
- In a fast paced environment that requires the management of multiple deliverables simultaneously, you will deliver within agreed business timescales without compromising on quality or customer value
- Accurately report to multiple stakeholders, ensuring expectations are aligned, whilst also working alongside the relative support functions to confirm internal policies and external compliance matters are adhered to
How you'll do it:
Reporting into the Infrastructure Head of Delivery:
- Strong understanding and be experienced in the use of Project Management principals and methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall and Lean
- Proven track record of delivering better customer experiences, whilst delivering major product enhancements and supporting significant business growth
- Experience of working with Infrastructure, Enterprise and Security teams, and an interest in developing yourself further within these business functions
- Exceptional communication skills, as cross team and department alignment is critical to delivery success
- Strong leadership, ensuring that you are seen as a role model and able to influence teams with your knowledge and experience of delivery and Agile ways of working
- You will be outcome focused with the ability to determine what adds value and what does not
- Approachability, open mindedness and the capabilities to work well with people at all levels of the business
- The role will require you to continuously use initiative, inquisitiveness and never being satisfied with the status-quo - always challenging the team and supporting them to be more efficient and advance their skills
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance.