Strong JAVA and AWS. Knowledge of React/Redux is required.
Banking/ Financial Experience on recent project is Must
role is within IR35
Job Purpose Summary
Our development team is working on modernising the trading platform using React, Micro services, AWS technical stack while maintaining the current trading platform. We need a senior Java developer who has worked on applications which are built using AWS SaaS/PaaS platforms following Micro services architecture. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic software engineer to join the development team as a senior developer working on our trading platform. S/he will be responsible for a spectrum of assignments from working on new products, system and product enhancements, and systems architecture to bug fixes. We are seeking skilled technologists who have strong technical skills as well as the leadership characteristics required to guide others from a technical perspective. This position will require that the candidate work together not only with other technologists but, over time, also with business colleagues in the development of the system. The team follows agile methodology with self-organizing teams where every individual is empowered to take critical decisions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This role is responsible for:
- Develop new functionality and maintain the company's trading platform.
- Initiatives include product enhancements and new workflows for trading, and server-side programming and messaging
- Perform above duties utilizing Java, AWS, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, Gradle, Redis.
- Improve the scale and performance of the growing system
- Coordinate with business analysts and quality assurance on a daily basis
- Present technical designs of work performed to the various groups (including Development, QA, BA and the business)
General Support Responsibilities Include:
· Production support, including investigating and fixing production issues
- Should be AWS Certified Developer (ideal not mandatory).
- 8+ year’s delivery experience of enterprise applications within the Java development stack.
- Delivery experience of re-engineering legacy programs to distributed systems would be a bonus.
- Implementation experience in application server clustering, performance tuning and scalability testing to support high throughput, moderate latency, high availability systems.
- Experience including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom built object-oriented applications.
- Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive design patterns knowledge.
- Excellent Core Java skills, Enterprise RDBMS (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Experience with container-based event-driven micro services architecture using ECS, Spring Boot, and REST API.
- Proven record with AWS services - ElastiCache, Kafka, Kinesis, Lambdas, IAM, API Gateway, Cloud Formation.
- Extensive experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience working with FIX messaging
- Experience working in Agile Environment
- Delivery experience using continuous integration - ideally Jenkins
- Working within (and knowledge of) the financial industry is a bonus.
The company is embarking upon a significant program of change covering all elements of the organisation. As such, the role requires someone who:
- Is intelligent, confident and able to portrait ideas in an articulate, persuasive and convincing way.
- Thrives on the challenges that change brings.
- Promotes a can-do attitude and leads by example.
- Is able to think creatively and analytically.
- Thrives on innovation.
- Is very delivery focused; quick to market deliverables are key to the success of the team/company.
Contact Name: Admin Ssunita Chaubey
Job ID: 2872962