|Listed on:||17th November|
|Salary/Rate:||£25,862 - £25,862|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
1st / 2nd Line ICT Support Officer
Salary of up to £25,862
Do you enjoy supporting customers and resolving their technical issues with Microsoft applications and operating systems, laptops, desktops and telephony hardware?
Joining our client's on-site friendly IT team, you'll be providing first and second line support for staff working remotely from home and at offices in Slough and York.
Whilst offices are still open, you'll primarily be supporting colleagues who are working from home.
You'll be based in Slough with some home working and will be part of a team of 4 who provide first to third line professional IT services, ensuring high levels of support. You'll fix issues in person, via remote support software and over the phone. Your role will be to:
- Provide technical support and advice for approved hardware and software
- Install, test, maintain and update hardware
- Assist staff with standard operating systems and software packages
- Provide maintenance and technical support for the telephony platform, managing the PABX and voicemail systems
- Maintain the hardware asset inventory
Our client is looking for someone who has a genuine interest in IT, who has a passion for technology matched with good interpersonal skills and can provide a friendly and supportive service.
To apply, you'll need to have had previous experience of working as part of an IT team offering a similar service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
- Experience of supporting/troubleshooting Office 2016 Professional
- Previous experience of using Active Directory
- Experience with mailboxes, distributions lists and Exchange server 2010 to 2016
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work to tight timescales and manage ever changing priorities
Our client is eager to hear from you if you've worked as an IT Support Technician, Support IT Engineer, Technical Support Advisor, Service Desk Technician, or IT Helpdesk Technician.
Why join our client?
Our client has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. They are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything our client does. They offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days' holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours working week)
- Plus lots of wellbeing and social activities
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 25th November 2020.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a 1st / 2nd Line ICT Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of our client.