|Listed on:||16th November|
|Salary/Rate:||£45,000 - £50,000|
Business Analyst / Product Owner
Warrington / Remote
£45000 - £50000 per annum
An established and growing software house are looking to bring in a Business Analyst to the team who has experience as a Product Owner and would long term want to progress their career into a Product Manager role.
Your main responsibility will be to turn the initial business input into a well-managed pipeline of properly fleshed out user stories, and to do so in a way that ensures that both technical and business perspectives are heard, evaluated and appreciated.
Responsibilities as a BA:
* Carry out the full BA lifecycle, i.e. needs analysis and scope definition, planning and monitoring, requirements elicitation, supporting the quality assurance and implementation processes.
* Challenge and flesh out (and create) the value (business) case.
* Manage the backlog of development requests with key stakeholders and facilitate the prioritisation of requests based on the value case.
* Build a relationship with the development team and stakeholders and use it to create a shared understanding of problems being solved.
* Define the end to end flow of any requirement identifying stakeholder departments and the user journey, creating a joined up map of what will be delivered and by whom.
* Ownership of the current scoping process.
* Drive the process of discovering available alternative solutions and selecting the right solution based on business and technical constraints and opportunities
* Translate initial business input into fleshed out user stories in co-operation with operations, marketing, sales, developers, and other internal or external stakeholders
* Act as part of the development team in presenting a backlog of requirements for scheduling.
* Support the development team with a business driven perspective on the scope (why are we doing this) and facilitate the process of discovering solutions to technical problems (how can we do this)
* Support the QA process by assisting in creating acceptance criteria, facilitating the UAT process etc.
* Define and coordinate other activities associated with any piece of development work carried out, e.g. operational changes, training, implementation requirements, internal and external comms, documentation, marketing requirements etc.
* Requirements elicitation
* Story board mapping
* User story creation
Responsibilities as a Product Owner:
* Establish the market and value proposition for new products and product features
* Ownership of the product strategy and prioritisation based on clear business cases
* Support pre-sales activity
* Work with marketing to develop communication plans
* Develop well formed requirements specifications to feed into the development process
* Work with Development to ensure timely delivery of new functionality
* Acceptance of deliverables prior to go-live
* Fully understand the requirements for enhancements and new features to the product set
agile, business analyst, product owner, product, delivery lead, warrington
Job ID: 2871854