Job Title: Compliance Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Established in 1988 the Group is a multi-award winning construction company. Dedicated teams offer clients a wealth of building experience in education, health, retail, insurance, leisure, residential & commercial building projects. They deliver everything with a 'Can-do' attitude and constantly challenge their teams to deliver everything with a special personalised touch, which their clients love.
The role of the Compliance Manager is to ensure that as a business, the company complies with all relevant regulations, specifications and industry standards. This will include health and safety, environmental, legal or quality standards, as well as any ethical policies the company may have. The role would require the Compliance Manager to implement, monitor and audit all of compliance policies across the business to ensure consistency and best practice.
- Develop and implement technical and performance standards to ensure that services and projects provided by the company comply with the relevant corporate governance responsibilities
- Providing regular and relevant communications to employees to ensure they are aware of their roles in compliance
- Producing training materials and sharing best practice through the business
- Managing essential training framework for trades and other staff
- Conducting detailed research and completing documentation and risk assessments
- Identification of opportunities to improve processes and procedures for compliance management, monitoring and reporting
- Preparing O & M manuals and documentation
- Preparing quality and tender response documents for new projects
- Being part of a team to submit new bid opportunities for future projects
- Managing and monitoring bid opportunities
- Managing accident and near misses reporting and producing H&S stats and reports for management
- Manage the ISO 45001 Health & Safety policy and its operation and ensuring business and employees are aware of the Health & Safety obligations and operate compliantly
- Building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as H&S Consultants
- Visiting sites to conduct audits and checks as and when required
- Managing business and industry accreditations such as ISO process
- Carrying out reviews of processes and adapting plans based on feedback
- Maintaining records of compliance practices
- Filing documentation with relevant bodies where necessary
- Duty of care ownership for Apprentices
- Support the business in meeting its obligations under statutory legislation such as GDPR, modern slavery and other ethical and corporate responsibilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal standards relating to compliance in construction
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve
- Project management skills
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadline
- Good knowledge of IT systems, especially Word, Excel, Outlook
Qualifications & Experience required
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent substantial experience of Compliance Manager role in the construction sector or a similar level with a minimum 4 years relevant experience
- NEBOSH Certificated or equivalent
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 45001 Health and Safety and ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- Knowledge and experience of GDPR and other statutory legislation
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Health & Safety Manger, H & S Advisor, Compliance Officer, EHS Advisor, Environmental Safety Officer, Quality Advisor, SHEQ Officer, ISO Compliance Officer, NEBOSH, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Inspection & Audit Officer may also be considered for this role.