Nutmeg is Europe's leading Digital Wealth Manager, but we don't want to stop there! We're in the middle of building a new scalable platform to help us achieve our mission of being the most trusted Digital Wealth Manager in the world.
Job in a nutshell
We are now looking for a Front-End Engineer to help us with the migration of our front-end away from Ruby on Rails to a React Micro-frontend architecture. We are making good progress with this and most of your time will be spent working with React.
We are building an in-house bespoke UI Design System to help us scale for white labelling as well as maintaining a collection of solid domain driven web libraries. We are refactoring legacy code and enabling our developers to create clear and clean pragmatic solutions. We've introduced Kafka, run our systems on AWS, and have built a DevOps team to provide our Engineers with the tools needed to observe their domain. We have built a strong engineering foundation for knowledge sharing with several skill shares, guilds, and open discussions running every month. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs - awesomely.
- Consuming REST APIs and keen to dig deeper into the stack
- TDD, Integration and end to end with Cypress
- Building highly-scalable and well-performing web platforms
- Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team player
You might also have:
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Delivery experience on cloud platforms and familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Design systems (UI Development)
- Experience with Hooks, XState, SWR
- Experience with GraphQL and Express.js
- Commercial experience in the Finance industry
- Contributions to open source projects
- A portfolio of personal projects
- 25 days' holiday
- Birthday day off
- 2 days' paid community leave
- Daily delivery of fresh fruit and artisanal coffee
- Cycle storage and showers onsite
- Choice of hardware
- Generous pension plan
- Private healthcare from day 1
- Season ticket loans
- Competitive salary
- Access to coaching platform & regular knowledge sharing
- Part of a diverse and inclusive Nutmeg team
To apply for this job please click the APPLY button!