Manager of Network Security
13th November 2020
£55000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Description Summary
- Supervise direct reports
- Manage and act as an escalation point for Network Security technical issues.
- Direct and oversee significant projects, manage vendors related to enhancements and operations that is well documented and follows overall strategic plan
- Audit systems, identify problematic areas, and implement strategic solutions
- Assist in planning deployment of new products or technologies
- Develop and maintain policies, standards and processes related to network security devices and solutions
- Managing key relationships with security partners and other internal departments.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to all security requirements as required by them related to network security
- Understand and keep up to date with the latest security issues and threats
- Sponsorship and execution of technology & security advancements.
- Ensuring production systems are secure, up to date and vulnerabilities managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Limited travel to conferences and other events may be necessary.
- Working closely with the Director, Security Engineering and other team members on various projects in their Security department
- Escalates security issues to the Director, Security Engineering or Chief Security Officer
- Configuration, monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of firewalls.
- Firewall technologies; Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), Unified Threat Management (UTM): Cisco ASA, Fortinet and Juniper SRX.
- Monitor and manage ticket queue application for Firewall Operations trouble tickets for incidents and creation of change requests.
- Utilises change management, request, and ticketing systems, documents status updates and problem resolutions.
- Experience creating policies in and managing Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- IPS/IDS technologies; Signature and pattern-based intrusion detection and prevention systems: Sourcefire and Fortinet.
- VPN Technologies; IPSEC client & L2L tunnel, SSL client and clientless connectivity.
- Resolve problems reported by end users.
- Maintains documentation related to work area and routinely updates architecture diagrams using Visio.
- Ability to manage personnel
- Excellent knowledge of technical management of computer hardware/software systems
- Managing of technical staff and projects
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of VLAN's, switches, routing, and network design is required.
- Must have networking TCP/IP routing protocol experience.
- Experience with firewalls, remote access VPN implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution