11th November 2020
£60000 - £70000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As one of the leading Train Engineering Businesses in the UK, they are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with an experienced Engineering Manager for their Caledonia Works site.
As a business, they pride themselves on the quality of their work and offer a comprehensive range of refurbishment, maintenance, overhaul and repair services to the UK rail sector that provides services on passenger trains and specialist infrastructure vehicles.
Based in Kilmarnock, they employ over 100 people across two facilities encompassing 8 roads with c. 30 vehicle capacity. The Engineering team undertakes innovative design and development work as well as resolving both simple and complex engineering issues on existing rolling stock.
The role will provide a range of engineering solutions from bespoke design, reverse engineering and repairs to all types of rail rolling stock supporting the Engineering & Projects Manager - Bonnyton Works in leading the engineering team in the development of sound engineering solutions to problems.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Write technical reports on: assessment of damage to vehicles, analysis of engineering solutions, work instructions for production use.
- Carry out engineering calculations and analysis as required and write technical justifications for engineering decisions.
- Be capable of identifying appropriate engineering standards to work to and conducting gap analysis to determine any actions that must be taken.
- Ensure that the team follows company processes for production of drawings, documents and BOMs.
- Use research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, mathematical modelling and CAD processes to interpret and specify required standards and specifications with colleagues, subcontractors, suppliers and customers.
- Research and analyse customer design proposals, specifications, manuals and other data to evaluate feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Ensure products / equipment can be manufactured reliably and will perform consistently within specified operating environments.
- Designing and implementing cost effective modifications to improve safety, reliability and productivity.
You will be an experienced chartered senior engineer with considerable experience gained within the rail industry or other heavy engineering background. Experience of designing welded assemblies would be an advantage.
You should be a results driven, motivating manager with the ability to coach and develop others to find innovative solutions to engineering issues. Get the best from individual team members, managing conflicting priorities and communicate across teams effectively.
As an SME, every role counts and therefore they are not just looking for someone with the right skills, but someone who is right for the organisation - if you thrive in a hands on engineering environment then send in your CV and a brief summary of what attracts you to this role.