Electronic NVQ Assessor
11th November 2020
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Electronic Assessor Salisbury area with travel to Tidworth, Colchester, Plymouth and Thorney Island SF32132
About the role
Here at Babcock we are looking for an Electronic Assessor to assess, monitor and sample in order to prove competency in a learner for the Level 3 Apprenticeship. You will manage your own caseload of Army learners and mentor them through the vocational side of an Engineering Apprenticeship in Electronics. This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team of self- starters.
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities include;
* Create and maintain an efficient work plan, practising effective time management and cost effectiveness * Present to the learners and their management structure, the principles and any changes to the Apprenticeship programme * Setting and reviewing progressive training objectives, mentoring, assessment and verification of Diploma's programmes with learners in the workplace, maintaining a caseload of learners as directed by the TL and completing each framework in a timely rate * Review learners as per caseload and contractual requirements. Monitor student progress toward achievement and give feedback where appropriate.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
* To instruct, monitor and assess REME learners utilising Babcock (MoD) instructional specifications and assessment procedures including testing to achieve the standards required through the awarding bodies. * Carry out the assessment and mentoring of the Diploma Level 3 in the workplace to the standard laid down by the awarding body and understand the delivery methodology of the Level 3 Diploma in relevant knowledge area. * Ensure all documentation used is accurate, completed on time and fulfils all contractual and statutory obligations and is kept in a safe and secure area and be available for inspection or audit (internal or external). * Attend regular standardisation meetings in line with awarding body criteria and standards as directed by the TL/IQA * Monitor outcomes of learner achievements and offer analysis and feedback where appropriate to the Quality manager
What do I need to do the role?
You will be a subject matter expert in SME level experience in Electronics, assessing and mentoring - gained in a NVQ environment. Have a working knowledge from Optical surveillance sighting systems, Radio communication systems to Radar and general purpose electronics.
Key Technical Skills/Competencies:
* Effective management of resources
* Demonstrates a high level of organisational skills
* Strong relationship development skills
* Proven track record of delivering results
Key Behavioural competencies:
* Creates and drives forward a culture that achieves results
* Excellent verbal, written and IT skills
* Excellent decision making skills
* Clear proactive approach to planning in order to achieve results
* Encourages and supports others to give their best; understands how different people are motivated and acts accordingly
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges/competencies:
* Applies flexibility, imagination, innovation and creative problem solving techniques
* Clear proactive approach to planning
* Has a minimum relevant experience in an appropriate environment (military experience desirable).
* Good Understanding of work based learning programmes.
* Industry related qualifications * Assessor/CAVA award desirable
What else do I need to know?
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.